Horrible camera, need solution.

Best camera(phone) I have had to date has been my Samsung Omnia. When there was enough light, anyway ;) This was from a walkway above the beach and zoomed in some.

3688660074_d339fa4ba8_b.jpg

Lets think about this for a minute. It matters quite a bit if they were on the phone or not. Throw a Droid taken photo on your Dare and then compare how it looks. I bet it looks pretty good.

As for me being jipped....if you say so. There are many a thread on the craptastic camera on the Dare. I wasn't the only one.

Why does everyone think if you disagree with their opinion, that you got jipped, or your phone is broken, etc, etc?

Did I say you did? No, learn to read things in the form of a question. As posted above with those zoo shots, I have taken great shots with my Dare, and not so much with the Droid. I know you're a little upset you spent so much on a phone to not have it match up to a dumbphone's 3.2 MP's, we all are, but no need to get fussy.

Maybe you people just dont know how to take a picture...

My Tour took pictures a lot better than that.

Maybe you should respect others opinions instead of insulting them?

Ummm, I am saying that the Dare actually has a good camera. How am I insulting anyone? I hate when people say something sucks when they just dont know what their talking about.

That Omnia Pic looks great! Isn't that a WinMo phone? Or Android?

I was referring to the comment of people not knowing how to take a picture.

Yes, its a winmo phone. Came with 6.1, but ported 6.5 to it. I cooked ROMs all last summer ;)

Then I moved to the Tour, and then on to the Droid. I still have them. The Omnia is collecting dust with an early build of what is now known as 6.5.3 that I had cooked last summer.

Best camera(phone) I have had to date has been my Samsung Omnia. When there was enough light, anyway ;) This was from a walkway above the beach and zoomed in some.

3688660074_d339fa4ba8_b.jpg

WOW... Now that's a fabulous photo! Great shot.

Now I cant wait till summer :icon_ banana:

Yes, its a winmo phone. Came with 6.1, but ported 6.5 to it. I cooked ROMs all last summer ;)

Then I moved to the Tour, and then on to the Droid. I still have them. The Omnia is collecting dust with an early build of what is now known as 6.5.3 that I had cooked last summer.

cooked ROMs?? Whats that? I'm not blond but help me out here, and can ya cook me a rom? Anybody..... Is the Nexus One phone going to have a better camera?

Cooked ROMs refer to custom ROMs. Windows Mobile ROM cookers are known as chefs ;)

Whereas in the Android community, they are known as developers.

cooked ROMs?? Whats that? I'm not blond but help me out here, and can ya cook me a rom? Anybody..... Is the Nexus One phone going to have a better camera?

Going by the one that's currently released, then yes, a lot better.

All I meant was instead of complaining that the camera sucks why not try using it for more than taking a picture in the dark. No camera phone (or handheld camera for that matter) will take good night pictures without being grainy.

The camera is not perfect by any means, and I hope that something can be done to tweak how it behaves in low light, but it can still get some pretty good shots.

4298614174_899b52ce4a_b.jpg

4298461323_9bcf4e3bf4_b.jpg

Last edited:
^

Wooooooow. Pretty! :) Nice shots. Are you using an app or the built in camera app?

The camera shots look good when enlarged digitally, etc, but I tried printing one up at the Wal-Mart and it was very hazy. It was a photo taken in daylight, outside. It just didnt look as crisp as it does on the computer screen or even the phone for that matter. I only printed up a 4x6 too.

Hi all, first post, just a point on the camera.
I have generally bought phones in the past mainly based on camera capabality, droid was the first i didn't but i don't regret it cos in good light the pics are good but droid pic quality is abit behind many other smart phones.
I came from the samsung i8910/omnia HD and in comparison the samsung was far better in speed of opening the camera and the pic quality. But i am comparing it to one of the best camera phones (although the samsung had the crappiest OS, ie symbian s60v5)

Back