How Are You Using Your TecTiles?

well they're pretty cheap :)

TV remote is just a bunch of buttons brought to you for convenience. Nfc tectiles are automated tasks that are not necessary but save time.

I'm not sure of the depth of a QR code, but with these you can set it to change multiple items on one tag I believe. Also you'd have to have the camera always looking for the QR code, which would likely use more battery than having NFC enabled, I would assume anyway. But I'm just brainstormin'!

For the QR code, you have to download an QR Reader App. But for NFC, all you need to do is turn on the NFC on your phone and tap on the NFC Tag. It is not necessary to install an App unless you want to write your own tags.

How is that anything like a tv remote

TV Remotes save you from getting up off the couch and manually switching the channels. Not the best analogy, but the point is clear: It saves you an extra step.
With the TecTiles, I can get to work, flip open my Laptop, touch my phone to the Tile next to my touchpad, and I instantly:
1.) Turn on WiFi and connect to my preferred WiFi network (we have 4 that I would manually need to choose from)\
2.) Turn my Phone on silent.
3.) Turn on Lync
4.) Turn on Bluetooth and pair my work headset

And that was just OOTB stuff. I could even launch Tasker to control even more settings.

Back