How Do I Change Asurion Insurance for Changing Phones?

want a droid

Reaction score
So I'm considering getting the Thunderbolt, but had a quick question hopefully someone could answer.

How can I go about changing my Asurion insurance so that it covers my new ThunderBolt, rather than my Droid 2 that it is covering now?

Do I need to go through Asurion or Verizon? And is there a simple way to do this?

Judging from using asurion in the past they just go by whatever phone is registered to your number through verizon. I've never had to do anything.

I have had asurion for 3 years. I have had bb storm, incredible, and then Droid x. I traded the incredible for the x on Craigslist. So.... if you have the insurance now it will cover whatever phone u have new or used!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

So when I buy the ThunderBolt on Verizon's website, I can just opt for no insurance right? It will go by my phone number right?

No. You'll have to say yes. If you say no they will cancel your insurance.

Imo to be safe i would go ahead and select that you DO want insurance and if its on there twice you can get it removed and credited back to your acct. I do not think it will go in twice BUT with a phone that expensive better safe then sorry... don't wanna end up without insurance cause you accidentally missed the window to add it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

So just sign up for the $7.99/mo again?

Are you sure I won't be charged like $15.98 for my current month?

So just sign up for the $7.99/mo again?

Are you sure I won't be charged like $15.98 for my current month?

From what I've seen your rate is grandfathered, but I can't guarantee that. Why don't you jus send an email to Asurion and ask them?

I tried, but all I got was a phone number. I'll call them them before ordering the phone, but do you have an email?

So I'm considering getting the Thunderbolt, but had a quick question hopefully someone could answer.

How can I go about changing my Asurion insurance so that it covers my new ThunderBolt, rather than my Droid 2 that it is covering now?

Do I need to go through Asurion or Verizon? And is there a simple way to do this?

I've been through at least 2 upgrades with asurion, and it's just switched over to the new phone seamlessly. I always say "yes" to the insurance. I've never been "double billed" for the insurance.

Say yes to insurance otherwise it will drop it and you won't be able to add it again

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Hook was correct, if you already have Asurion, and you want to keep it with the Thunderbolt, you must select yes, you want insurance. It will ask which insurance plan you want, and you will keep it.

If you have insurance and say no, you will drop the insurance from your line. HOWEVER, you do have 15 days to call in and have it re-added again. After the 15 day window, it will be nothing short of an act of God to get it added on.

Back