How do you get 2.3 for Droid Incredible

Gingerbread is the 2.3 update to android. Only phone with offical release is nexus s I believe. A few custom roms are in the works. Did you read around at all before posting?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Gingerbread is the 2.3 update to android. Only phone with offical release is nexus s I believe. A few custom roms are in the works. Did you read around at all before posting?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Apparently not! Haha. You should also know that we dinc users may never get gingerbread officially, and its only possible through rooting - last I heard anyway.

Sent from my ADR6300

Id b surprised if anymore 3G phones get OS upgrades PERIOD.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

I'd b surprised if anymore 3G phones get OS upgrades PERIOD.

Well this sucks! I just bought my Droid Incredible a month ago...it sure would have been nice if the Verizon guy at the store had told me I was buying an outdated phone. :angry:

Now, on the otherhand, I LOVE my phone and it is fancy enough for me...as long as I don't hear about some phenomenal new feature on future phones. It just seems weird to have just purchased a phone that will no longer get updates. :icon_eek:

Dual-core (2ghz) phones like the LG Optimus 2x and Moto Bionic w/ there 1080p recording and playback are going to change the game. Im not 100% sure we wont get further updates, just wouldn't b surprised. You def should look into rooting your phone. Its like getting a brand new phone. Plus u can sample many forms of gingerbread long before its even talked about being released.

Dual-core (2ghz) phones like the LG Optimus 2x and Moto Bionic w/ there 1080p recording and playback are going to change the game. Im not 100% sure we wont get further updates, just wouldn't b surprised. You def should look into rooting your phone. Its like getting a brand new phone. Plus u can sample many forms of gingerbread long before its even talked about being released.

Frankly, I am afraid of rooting my phone. I know nothing about doing it, I don't know how the phone would change and it would void the warranty. However, if the Incredible is discontinued, what good is a warranty? Can you please explain what rooting would do or point me to an article that would tell me?

Frankly, I am afraid of rooting my phone. I know nothing about doing it, I don't know how the phone would change and it would void the warranty. However, if the Incredible is discontinued, what good is a warranty? Can you please explain what rooting would do or point me to an article that would tell me?

I understand where you are coming from. You can backup your stock Rom and all of your apps and essily reflash it for warrenty work if needed. These forums are full of good intel on this. The link below should get you started. Google is a great resource for this also.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-hacks/

AFAIK, only way is to root your phone and flash a 2.3 rom like CM7.

I have not read any posts that they will update the DInc with 2.3.

One word. Cyanogen. I was on the fence about rooting. I ran every hybrid on my BB I could. Wasn't a comfort thing for me at all. I kept telling myself the phone was great. Finally broke down. Ran some sense roms. Ran some senseless roms. I love sense I said. Why would I want vanilla android? Read posts that vanilla rocked. Bah. Its vanilla I want flair and sparkles!

That being said. I never will leave vanilla!

You really don't need to worry about it. Gingerbread is a step up from Froyo, but seeing as you have no desire to root your phone the differences between the two won't be very noticable to someone like you. Also the version of sense UI you have may not play well with a rooted version of Gingerbread. The incredible will probably update to sense 2.0 and android 2.3 at the same time, there are a lot of customers still on in and they might feel slighted by HTC and switch away from them next upgrade if they don't get Gingerbread

Its not 2ghz. The tegra 2 chip in that phone runs at 1ghz.

Its not 2ghz. The tegra 2 chip in that phone runs at 1ghz.

Says each processor is running at 1ghz....isn't that 2?

Says each processor is running at 1ghz....isn't that 2?
No its still 1ghz. Single threaded apps (practically all current apps) will not run any faster with that one core just sitting there doing nothing.

Back