How to Stop KitKat Update ....

The easiest way to prevent yourself from getting the KitKat Update with Verizon on your Galaxy Note 3 is very simple, just have Verizon as your carrier. :wink:

I found this u can try.

To disable the annoying permanent notifier I looked through my app manager and settled on Google Framework Services as the most likely thing running showing the update. So, I turned off notifications for it and bingo, that did the trick, no more notification about the update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Under Application Manager, Google Framework Services isn't listed. Would they have renamed it Google Play services, because there is a separate Google Play Store listing. I just started getting this persistent notification on my Verizon N3 and I don't want to update until they fix the SD card issue or a non-root solution is found.

!

I am curious why people are reluctant to update to Kitkat? I thought it was the update that everyone is waiting for?

I absoutly cannot update to Kit Kat. I have 2 Sign Language Apps the must download videos to the SD, my tethering app and a Spygen Sview case that if I update to Kit Kat will all stop working and make my phone useless to me! Im super pissed caus I just got this phone 2 months ago an now I cant return it.

I even turned off the option to automaticaly download the update and it downloaded it anyways 2 days ago. Now it is driving me nuts popping up every 5 seconds and im gonna scream!
I tried disabling Google services, unchecking Notifications and everything else eccept Rooting it which I fear is what im going to have to do but there dosent seem to be a stable build out there anywhere yet. Grrrrrrrrr

Someone please help!

!

I absoutly cannot update to Kit Kat. I have 2 Sign Language Apps the must download videos to the SD, my tethering app and a Spygen Sview case that if I update to Kit Kat will all stop working and make my phone useless to me! Im super pissed caus I just got this phone 2 months ago an now I cant return it.

I even turned off the option to automaticaly download the update and it downloaded it anyways 2 days ago. Now it is driving me nuts popping up every 5 seconds and im gonna scream!
I tried disabling Google services, unchecking Notifications and everything else eccept Rooting it which I fear is what im going to have to do but there dosent seem to be a stable build out there anywhere yet. Grrrrrrrrr

Someone please help!
I stopped my kitkat update by clearing the android cache, follow these directions: (as told by a samsung employee on a internet chat:)
Zabrina: Please follow these steps:

Zabrina: 1.Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).

Zabrina: 2.Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.

Zabrina: 3.When the first boot screen displays; release only the Power key.

Zabrina: 4.When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.

Zabrina: 5.Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache and press the Power key to select.

Back