How to verify removal of root & bootloader.

Hudock

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post.

Quick background.. I tried to root my HTC Eris, used Jcase's 1 Click eris root app.

Upon clicking I agree & restarting phone, I found out it requires working trackball. (6 months gone)

I received replacement phone, and have already rooted etc.

QUESTION!

How can I be sure that the custom boot loader or any sign that I attempted to root the phone is not seen on my returned handset? Am I being to paranoid?

I did read 2 different posts, 1 with a .exe file to run on PC and one to load the flashback Rom.

I prefer not to do those steps if I can be sure that the traces of my "attempt" are already gone.

Please advise! Thanks! First post, going to end up being a long time reader...

1 Check the app drawer for the super user app.
2 Download Terminal Emulator and try to gain su rights. (type su at the prompt, and hit error. You should get an error message if yo udont have root.)
Those steps will verify you removed root access from your phone. to verify the boot loader, try to boot into revovery. If you get Amon_Ra's recovery, you havent changed the boot loader back yet. I have the feeling the only way to return fully to stock is flashing with the RUU without a working trackball.

Seems noon but how do I tell if my rebooter is amons? I went into my reloader. What would look diffeerent? I don't have a stock example.

I uses jcase rootme would that install amon?

Update! I just decided to run the RUU and flashed the phone using my PC. I had no issues, boot is now 1.49.0000 and custom recovery is gone and phone is normal! Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Back