HTC strikes Deal with BEATS by Dr.Dre

I just use the Apple earbuds that came with my old ipod touch. I gotta say, they are pretty good.

I am more into car audio though.

CM74DX

Well this is unfortunate. HTC just lost me as a potential customer.

Any true audiophile worth his salt knows that Beats are garbage.
Really? My Skullcandy earbuds have higher reviews on Bestbuy than all of the Beats line. Everyone in my school and all my friends have a pair, and I stay loyal to my SCs. I've always doubted the Beats, always thought they were just hype. Probably why I haven't invested $200 in them....can't see myself paying that kind of money for headphones...let alone ugly ones.

IMO Even Skullcandy are of questionable quality. The only thing I like about them is the warranty.

All my personal audio stuff is either Sennheiser or Audio-technica. My Sennheiser CX-880s (earbuds which I paid about ~150 for) blow beats out of the water.

Well this is unfortunate. HTC just lost me as a potential customer.

Any true audiophile worth his salt knows that Beats are garbage.

No offense but its pretty stupid to say you're leaving HTC simply because they teamed up with something you don't like...its simply business. Welcome to the US.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

None taken, and I'm not leaving HTC as I've never owned an HTC device. I have rooted/toyed with their smartphones in the past and while they do make a solid device, I won't be purchasing one if they decide to team up with a brand (Beats By Dre) that is known for delivering an inferior product at an unreasonable price.
I only buy Skullcandy because they're cheap and have atleast good quality. No matter what I do, my headphones always break. So I try not to pay more than $50.

You should probably look into something above $50 then, those are the headphones that can last. Try head-fi out. They'll teach you to see the light of expensive headphones ;).

Back