I am Happy the 2.1 Launcher is Not Coming to Us

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
After messing with various 2.1 ROMs for the last week or so, I can honestly say that i am thrilled with the decision to not include the 2.1 Launcher on the Droid.

--Its slower than the drawer, and less intuitive.
--Its annoying. After launching it about three times and watching the icons fly into view, I could care less. I have to wait for that crap then scroll a screen at a time to get what I want. Which I might add, is less precise than the drawer.

I do like Live wallpapers, but the 2.1 Launcher is only needed to interact with them, and imo, interacting with them is also dumb.

So, the only thing I hope is they include the extra home screens that the 2.1 Launcher has. We know it can be done easily and without issue, so here is to hoping.

Please do not derail this thread with irrelevant info.

Thanks.

I could really care less as it's VERY rare i even go in the app drawer :D

+1

That too.

I personally could do without the live wallpapers as well. To me it's eye candy you'll quickly get bored with. Unless they're eventually customizable by a user, they can keep that feature.

I personally could do without the live wallpapers as well. To me it's eye candy you'll quickly get bored with. Unless they're eventually customizable by a user, they can keep that feature.

The smoke one is. But I did see a battery drain with them, most likely due to the fact that you are running your display a lot longer to look at them ;)

The smoke one is. But I did see a battery drain with them, most likely due to the fact that you are running your display a lot longer to look at them ;)

MAJOR battery drain. If it does come, I hope they address that issue.

Interesting, I actually didn't know that. Is it fairly easy?

Yeah. When you select the wallpaper, it has a settings button for it. You can cycle through quite a few colors/patterns.

Gentleman,

Please keep it civil and remeber to stay on topic

I personally am indifferent in regards to the 3d look of the 2.1 app drawer.

The features I would like to see in the stock launcher are:
1. Five screens instead of 3
2. The long-press to give you a mini preview of your screens.
3. The little dots that tell you what screen you are on.

Fortunately, Home++ includes all three of these in some sort of fashion.

unfortunately home++ is sucking bad right now and is force closing none stop.well i would like to see 3d app drawer, five screens, and animated wall papers but it it should be an option that we can turn on and off if we want. alot off didnt root and like myself so it would be nice to see on the droid, just my personal opinion

I'd like the option of using the 2.0 or the 2.1 interface.

unfortunately home++ is sucking bad right now and is force closing none stop.well i would like to see 3d app drawer, five screens, and animated wall papers but it it should be an option that we can turn on and off if we want. alot off didnt root and like myself so it would be nice to see on the droid, just my personal opinion

Do you ever push wait instead of force close? It seems like most people don't understand what that message is all about. If your phone has to wait for an app for a certain amount of time, it assumes it might be locked up. It gives you the option of closing it or giving it time to finish. The thing is, most of the time I see that popup, by the time I notice it, the app already has caught up. If you click wait, everything is fine.

Back