I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

garywkamp

Reaction score
I got a droid 2 today cause i was having several issues with my droid 1. I just wanted to let all my fellow droidsters know.

Attachments

• 2010-08-30_15-05-18_185.jpg
    2010-08-30_15-05-18_185.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 1,020
I got a droid 2 today cause i was having several issues with my droid 1. I just wanted to let all my fellow droidsters know.

Awesome! I hope my replacement is a droid2, it just arrived today, but they told me it was a droid1, did they tell you that you would be getting a droid2? Did you call it in or take it to a store?

I called in the issue and the agent on the phone said very rudely that all they had was droid 1 for warranty replacements. When i got my phone via FedEx today i was so happy to see a new droid 2.

Let me know if you get a droid 2 i wanna see if this is a company wide thing.

What a sweet surprise, that is everyone's warranty dreams come true :D

Nice....Good to hear Verizon is taking care of their customers.

here's the million dollar question. this is a complete new phone in the box, with memory card, battery and charger...should I return everything or just the broken Droid 1?

Keep your SD card at least. They don't need it, and unless you completely wipe the whole thing there could be personal info on it.

Sent from my 928/FRG22D Droid, waiting patiently for UD8

Same thing here, only no one mentioned I'd be getting a Droid 2, nor did I get anything in the package mentioning it. Just a box with a fedex return label, and a Droid 2 in it's oddly shaped tiny box.

And boy is this new keyboard tough to get used to...

hey garywkamp,

What was your reason you told Verizon to get them to replace your D1? Sofware issue? Meet be worth a try for me.

Thanks.

I had a issue since i got 2.2 where performance was horrible even after a factory reset. I paid alot of money for my droid and poor performance is not acceptable.

thanks, i'll give VZ a call today.

update: just called in and they are sending me a replacement, so i'll keep you guys posted to see if it's the droid 2 or original.

Just got back from the local Verizon store. My battery has gone downhill. Fast. I turned everything off before going to bed this afternoon and woke up a few hours later, 5% left on the battery. Everything was turned off including network. Been having some post 2.2 issues too.

Went to Verizon, talked with them, getting new phone. The guy told me it will be a Droid 2 since they are having "stock" issues and trying to get people one the D2 phone.

Should have it by Thursday. Better be the D2 :D

Will keep updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back