I got a droid 2 for a droid 1 warranty replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, got droid 2 today as a warranty replacement as well. Verizon tech in store promised it would be a droid 1 but oh well, as long as I can get it set up the same as I had the droid 1 im fine with it.

i got the d2 today as well. they sent me a letter stating that do to a shortage of d1 refurbs, they ungraded my to the d2..... brand new in box. and that was under warrenty, not insurance. its funny cuz th eguy on the phone said i had a better chance of getting the di or dx and not a d2..... i love it so far, this motoblurish ui is excellent, its very htc sense like

Same for me. I took my D1 in last Wednesday because my headphone jack quit working. The paperwork they gave me at the store said I was getting a D1 but to my surprise there was a brand spankin new D2 in the box.

here's the million dollar question. this is a complete new phone in the box, with memory card, battery and charger...should I return everything or just the broken Droid 1?

I was thinking the same thing. The paperwork that came in the box said to just return the phone but I decided I'm going to return everything that originally came with the D1 just to be safe. Well... almost everything I swapped memory cards between the phones.

I got the same deal. Question on this though, in swapping SD cards is there anything from the D1 on the SD card that could cause issues on my D2? I really rather have my 16GB than the 8GB the D2 comes with, but didn't want there to be any software problems/conflicts in changing them.

I got the same deal. Question on this though, in swapping SD cards is there anything from the D1 on the SD card that could cause issues on my D2? I really rather have my 16GB than the 8GB the D2 comes with, but didn't want there to be any software problems/conflicts in changing them.

You can swap without issue.

Cool, Thanks. I can't wait to play with this more tomorrow......

D2 for D1

Well after waiting since last wednesday for what Vzw reps said would be a D1 replacement I received a new D2 as well today. Awesome!

Same here, on the fence though if I am happy with the upgrade since so early in D2 hacking stage other than that enjoying it

Seems to be happening to a lot of us! I took in my D1 to a verizon store earlier today due to a music malfunction, and was told I'll receive a D2 replacement. That's under factory Motorola warranty too, no insurance needed. I'll definitely be keeping my SD card as well

add me to that.........and I am happy.

dude, i am stoked if i get a droid2 tomorrow! my droid1 keyboard was peeling up, so they said they were sending me a droid1 in the mail. ill be stoked either way though cuz the keyboard is getting super annoying!

Omg Im about to be on my 4th referb. Verizon refuses to just give me a new Droid. I nevr d for a Droid2, Incredible, or X just a new D1, but no lets keep sending referbs that have a major problem. 1st referb touch screen doesnt work. 2nd referb screen loose audio port jacked up. 3rd referb phone makes random calls and no it wasnt rooted or hacked just stock 2.2.

I think I am done with the D1 just not having any luck. maybe Verizon mite notice how patient ive been and stop dragging me through the dirt or maybe I have to be an ahole to them.

I got my replacement yesterday... after hearing all the chatter of people getting Droid2's as a replacement, I left work early hoping i got to play with a new phone... but nope:

Droid1 = Refurb Droid1 w/2.2

And I noticed it still over heats and freezes on occasion...

Could be due to what warehouse it was shipping from, heard they have a couple, Mine came from Texas

I got my replacement yesterday... after hearing all the chatter of people getting Droid2's as a replacement, I left work early hoping i got to play with a new phone... but nope:

Droid1 = Refurb Droid1 w/2.2

And I noticed it still over heats and freezes on occasion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back