I hate my DROID bionic

claytonimo

Reaction score
I have had my DROID bionic for a few months and hate it. I want to switch to an htc rezound. I bought my phone from a third party do you think Verizon would let me switch still or am I out of luck?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

You'll probably have to cancel your contract, pay the early termination fee and start over.

BTW, why do you hate it?

Last edited:
Terrible camera, power button issues, volume rocker issues, wired headset issues, data connection issues, bluetooth issues. The list goes on and on!

Which third party? What's their refund/return /exchange policy?

I bought it new off of craigslist. So there is new refund policy. I have just been seeing a lot of people that are getting their faulty bionics switched to rezounds for no cost.

Verizon will not swap out a phone bought from an unauthorized retailer. I tried with my of Droid and they basically told me no.

Yeah, if you had insurance through a third party you could probably get a replacement as a lot of those actually sound like device specific problems. But, since you don't, I really don't think there's much you can do other than trying to sell it to someone else and using that money towards a new phone.

Have you tried contacting Moto directly to see if they will do a warranty exchange? It'll be another Bionic, but it may be a better one than what you currently have.

I have had my DROID bionic for a few months and hate it. I want to switch to an htc rezound. I bought my phone from a third party do you think Verizon would let me switch still or am I out of luck?
I sympathize, but no way will Verizon let you swap after that long IMO. They have been known to cave in if you ***** enough, but I honestly dont see it happening in your case.

You could try eBaying the Bionic and buying a Rezound off eBay as well.

Sounds like you bought a lemon, and i feel really bad for you, but to expect either VZW or Moto to replace it is unrealistic. The reason it was probably on CraigsList is because someone else destroyed it and then found someone to buy it because they could not get warranty either. Warranties are not to replace abused items, they are to replace defective items.

@claytonimo

If you want, I could trade you my DX2 for your bionic. It's running Cyanogen Mod 7 and hasn't had any issues with bluetooth, volume rockers, headsets, etc. It's cosmetically in like-new condition as well.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM, because I could use that bionic as a development device for ROMS.

Sorry, if it was a 4g cell I would, but I tether with my phone and am dependent on 4g speeds. Thank you for the offer.

Sorry, if it was a 4g cell I would, but I tether with my phone and am dependent on 4g speeds. Thank you for the offer.

No problem.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

Wow, it doesn't sound like the phone is that bad after all!

Haha sounds like all the radios and internals are fine, but whoever had it before him really handled the phone a little rough.
*shrug* the volume rockers, power buttons, cameras, etc on the four bionics in my family have worked great since launch day. Data was really crappy for one of them before 902 though.

Back