I need SBF for leaked update 2.3.20

lilgotti56

Reaction score
I tried to update to the new leaked update, but for some reason I am stuck at the M logo. Do you know if there is a SBF out there because all the links I searched for is down or the file has been deleted.....Thanks

Yes I have the same issue!!! if i find anything ill post it... but if figure i'd post something to keep this thread alive... someone help us!!

Yes I have the same issue!!! if i find anything ill post it... but if figure i'd post something to keep this thread alive... someone help us!!

Have you guys tried booting into recovery and wiping data? I heard that works on some cases.

Tweet from p3droid this morning "There is no link for the system only file. All links are currently dead"......

You may have to wait until the links are back up:(

I managed to get the sbf from MyDroidWorld. If anyone needs it, PM me and I'll hook you up with the link.

I have the link as well if anyone needs it you can PM me.

Last edited:
Stuck at M Boot Logo

Have you guys tried booting into recovery and wiping data? I heard that works on some cases.

I am now stuck as well at the Moto M Boot Logo, I followed everything to the letter and it confirmed my update was done. Rebooted and now stuck.

How do you boot into recovery?

Great. I will give that a roll and install RSD Lite and the Moto Drivers then push the sbf system file. Once you did the system restore did you have to update to 2.3.20 or is it done with the system files?

Last edited:
Answer

No if you were stuck on the M that shows that you should already be updated, put your phone into flash mode and make sure (turn of your phone press the camera down volume and power button). It should say boot loader 30.04 if it shows 30.03 then dont use the link provided. If it is 30.04 go download the sbf from ncdubs link and run it using RSD 4.8 and that should be enough for the phone to get past the M logo. Dont it asap because you never know when that link will be dead. Man I was so scared yesterday because i thought my phone was bricked haha but that link that i found in another forum did the job.

Last edited:
No if you were stuck on the M that shows that you should already be updated, put your phone into flash mode and make sure (turn of your phone press the camera down volume and power button). It should say boot loader 30.04 if it shows 30.03 then dont use the link provided. If it is 30.04 go download the sbf from ncdubs link and run it using RSD 4.8 and that should be enough for the phone to get past the M logo. Dont it asap because you never know when that link will be dead. Man I was so scared yesterday because i thought my phone was bricked haha but that link that i found in another forum did the job.

Thanks for the help, now I know how to check the bootloader level. I have the SBF System file, but I think I have the wrong phone drivers that I need besides RSD Lite. Can anyone point me to the right drivers on Moto's site.

Links to the SBF files are not to be posted here at DF.
This is not open for discussion.

Users who post links will be issued infractions or Banned as warranted…

This is straight from Admin. Please do not make me have to issue an infraction.

Drivers

I dont know if i am allowed to post links so for the drivers I can guide you, what i used to get the right drivers is do the following go to youtube and in search type exactly droid x root and go to the third video. In the descriptions there is a link for USB drivers moto. Hope i helped. Sorry for the link for SBF i was not aware.

Last edited:
Thank you. I just needed the Moto phone drivers so my DX can be seen on a windows machine.

If you are on 2.3.20, use the 2.3.15 SBF.
If you are on 2.3.320, use the SBF's from TBH

There should be some sort of sticky for SBF'ing the X. I realize that sbf links cannot be posted but it would sure be nice to know which files are needed to properly sbf a semi bricked phone, especially if using the wrong one will fully brick a phone.

What I've gleaned from this thread...

"No if you were stuck on the M that shows that you should already be updated, put your phone into flash mode and make sure (turn of your phone press the camera down volume and power button). It should say boot loader 30.04 if it shows 30.03 then dont use the link provided. If it is 30.04 go download the sbf from ncdubs link and run it using RSD 4.8 and that should be enough for the phone to get past the M logo. Dont it asap because you never know when that link will be dead. Man I was so scared yesterday because i thought my phone was bricked haha but that link that i found in another forum did the job."

"If you are on 2.3.20, use the 2.3.15 SBF.
If you are on 2.3.320, use the SBF's from TBH"

It would be nice to have a running list detailing which sbf file needs to be used for a given bootloader,

i.e. if bootloader is 30.03 use the 2.3.15 sbf or the x.x.xx sbf
if bootlader is 30.04 you can safely use the x.x.xx sbf

and so on.

Surely this won't be in violation of anyone's terms of service would it?

I'm not rooted yet but I'm trying to wade through multiple posts at multiple sites to put together a rescue package prior to rooting and can't find what I believe to be concise information anywhere.

Last edited:
Back