I need SBF for leaked update 2.3.20

I'm doing the same as well eggsped, about to pick up an X and looking to root it immediately, however i want to fully understand what i need to sbf back when/if the time comes. It is definately not like reading up on the OG droid back in the day, If i had to learn on the X instead of the OG im sure i would have bricked one back then.

I'm doing the same as well eggsped, about to pick up an X and looking to root it immediately, however i want to fully understand what i need to sbf back when/if the time comes. It is definately not like reading up on the OG droid back in the day, If i had to learn on the X instead of the OG im sure i would have bricked one back then.

I've borked up my D1 so many times it isn't funny, that's why I want a rescue in place prior to rooting the X. From what I gather using the wrong SBF on the wrong bootloader will cause permanent damage. I won't start before I have the SBF on my hard drive and know for fact that it's the correct one for my OS. At this point I'm only going to root to remove bloat and plan on getting real comfortable with the root process before I move on to anything else.

On a side note, I too had MIUI on my D1 and liked it a lot but the redraws were killing me. I moved over to Ultimate Droid 2 and like it so much that I go back and forth between the D1 and my new phone. (I just exchanged my D2 for the X) I had to SBF my D2 three times in the brief 2 weeks I had it so I know how easy it is to get in a bind with the locked boot loaders.

Back