ICS on the Thunderbolt?

Thank you! I did this today & am now really loving my touchpad!! I went with CM7 since it sounded like it was more stable, but I'm thinking now I might want to upgrade to CM9, is it worth it?

it's pretty bulletproof, but you'll want to read up on all the software. You can turn your TP into dual boot, but i'll bet once you get Android loaded, you'll never go back to WebOS. You'll need MOBOOT (basically a new bootloader), ACMEInstaller2, CWM (for flashing things) and CM9. Check out the rootzwiki and it will get you on the right track. Be warned: CM9 is very alpha - netflix, video and camera do not work yet.

[Release][Alpha0] CyanogenMod 9 Touchpad - RootzWiki
[URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1362983"]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1362983
[/URL]
The second link is a post to installing CM7.

It looks like there are some ICS ROMs for our Thunderbolt, but looks like having trouble with the radio. Exciting, as ICS is awesome on the tablet.

Sent from my 'Bolt

Did you have the latest VZW OTA update on your Bolt when you rooted? I've been trying to use the revolutionary method but doesn't seem to be working. My software is 2.3.4 with 2....something....9

From what I've found it looks like the best method is to download the older version & then root. Is this what you did??

I ran revolutionary around early Dec/2011. I had updated to the most recent STOCK OTA Rom in Nov/2011.
I *think* I was on 2.3.7 when I ran Rev.

No problems, no issues. Gained S-OFF and Root, then used CWM to clear the caches, then install Liquid Smooth. Worked 1st time.

Yes and no. If I were you, I'd probably enjoy CM7 as it has Netflix and video acceleration. I love playing with ICS on the tablet, but waiting (somewhat patiently) for a new build to get released so I can get Netflix / video back online. The upgrade path is really simple - use ACMEInstaller2 and the CM9 image. It will upgrade your CM7 environment. It's pretty slick.

Thank you! I did this today & am now really loving my touchpad!! I went with CM7 since it sounded like it was more stable, but I'm thinking now I might want to upgrade to CM9, is it worth it?

Sent from my 'Bolt

Thanks drew-
New issue, I have been using this CM7 touchpad now for a couple days & have been loving it...I was using it tonight then put it down for awhile, came back & unlocked it but it seems the touchscreen isn't responding. The physical buttons work, unlock, volume, but I can't seem to touch any options. If I do a force restart will I still boot up into moboot & choose android? Starting to freak out a bit, just starting to really enjoy this pad again...fearing a KITN

Yes and no. If I were you, I'd probably enjoy CM7 as it has Netflix and video acceleration. I love playing with ICS on the tablet, but waiting (somewhat patiently) for a new build to get released so I can get Netflix / video back online. The upgrade path is really simple - use ACMEInstaller2 and the CM9 image. It will upgrade your CM7 environment. It's pretty slick.

Yep - hold power and the hard button on the front for about 30 seconds. It will take you to moboot (and probably default to CyanogenMod) and everything will be fine. I haven't had this issue yet with CM9, but it did happen on CM7 occasionally.

Thanks drew-
New issue, I have been using this CM7 touchpad now for a couple days & have been loving it...I was using it tonight then put it down for awhile, came back & unlocked it but it seems the touchscreen isn't responding. The physical buttons work, unlock, volume, but I can't seem to touch any options. If I do a force restart will I still boot up into moboot & choose android? Starting to freak out a bit, just starting to really enjoy this pad again...fearing a KITN

Well I got ballsy last night & just tried it...and it worked!! Whew...thanks again drew.

Something else I just noticed this morning was I plugged in another charger other than the one the TP came with, normally the TP would tell me that the cord does not have enough juice to charge, but under CM7 it charges just fine, nice bonus! (Charge cable is from my wife's old palm pre btw)

Yep - hold power and the hard button on the front for about 30 seconds. It will take you to moboot (and probably default to CyanogenMod) and everything will be fine. I haven't had this issue yet with CM9, but it did happen on CM7 occasionally.

Word of warning - that cable that came with the TP is garbage. Do yourself the favor and throw it away. I just went and picked up a new 3 meter micro USB cable.

The head on the microUSB gets all screwed up and you have to twist / jiggle it to make a good charging connection. All that twisting / jiggling runs the risk of damaging the USB port.

Well I got ballsy last night & just tried it...and it worked!! Whew...thanks again drew.

Something else I just noticed this morning was I plugged in another charger other than the one the TP came with, normally the TP would tell me that the cord does not have enough juice to charge, but under CM7 it charges just fine, nice bonus! (Charge cable is from my wife's old palm pre btw)

Guys, no offense, but this is way off topic

sent from my bolt

Yes it is, and I apologize but when I find somebody that answers my questions & I know where to find them again I don't really want to start a new thread.

Guys, no offense, but this is way off topic

sent from my bolt

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

HTC Thunderbolt Rescue Squad

If you need any help with rooting your tbolt you can get one on one help there ^ . Drew thanks for helping the guy out with info about rooting.

Yes it is, and I apologize but when I find somebody that answers my questions & I know where to find them again I don't really want to start a new thread.

No one minds scrolling thru 2 pages of off-topic chatter so you don't have to bookmark a different link..
We're here to serve you..

Is there a book about rooting. I'm only getting fragmentary information with no step by step process I certainly don't want to brick my TB.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Back