If i factory reset the Droid X...

I'm in the process of flashing the SBF File. My phone is running the droid annimation over and over. Should i remove the phone from the usb cable?

I had to do a battery pull after I flashed, Mine kept looping as well. I also ended up putting the sbf file in with the RSDLite. After a couple of battery pulls, it worked for me. good luck

Did you have trouble moving the pst_flash file?

I'm in the process of flashing the SBF File. My phone is running the droid annimation over and over. Should i remove the phone from the usb cable?

I had to do a battery pull after I flashed, Mine kept looping as well. I also ended up putting the sbf file in with the RSDLite. After a couple of battery pulls, it worked for me. good luck

Did you have trouble moving the pst_flash file?

I wasn't sure at first, but I found out that I had to move the sbf file in to the program files/motorola/rsdlite folder. At first It kept giving me an error, but after I did that, it seem to work great. Just copy and past it.

I did the same thing but there was already a file in there that had the same name. the sizes were different though so i would have to over write the one in there already

I did the same thing but there was already a file in there that had the same name. the sizes were different though so i would have to over write the one in there already

thats what I did. overwrite it.

so move that sbf file into the rsd lite folder as well?

Wipe data before sbf

ALL

If you plan on flashing sbf to go back to 2.1 from 2.2. BOOT INTO RECOVERY IN 2.2 AND WIPE YOUR DATA, THEN DO THE SBF FLASH.

This will prevent boot loops after the sbf. (I learned the hard way last week.)

ALL

If you plan on flashing sbf to go back to 2.1 from 2.2. BOOT INTO RECOVERY IN 2.2 AND WIPE YOUR DATA, THEN DO THE SBF FLASH.

+1 on that. glad you said something. my bad.

ALL

How do you boot into recovery and wipe the data?

Turn phone off. Hold Home button and power button. Release power button when Motorola Icon shows... KEEP HOLDING HOME. when you get the little triangle with the !... release home button. Then click the Magnifying glass (search button).

You'll be in recovery mode. Then you can scroll down using the side buttons to do a factory reset.

Back