IF the OTA for Froyo 2.2 came today ???

Really? Themes are the most important reason to root?.
Gads, either I'm old or some of you need to look away from the phone from time to time. ;)
... just to change things like the color of a notification bar? Really??

Gads, either I'm old or some of you need to look away from the phone from time to time. ;)

Not one person in this whole thread stated that theming is the most important reason to root.

I think you are the one who needs to look away from the phone/computer from time to time :icon_ banana:

Not one person in this whole thread stated that theming is the most important reason to root.

I think you are the one who needs to look away from the phone/computer from time to time :icon_ banana:

I feel that "Humpa" brought a great point the idea of "theming" (sp?) was brought up in post# 10 by "luv2increase".
I had rooted 2.1 just see if I could do it.Rooting for me was a great learning process being new to Android.
The point of this thread was to see if people are happy with 2.2 and if they would jump at the OTA to 2.2.
So my question isto you what will you do when OTA arrives??
Thank You

I feel that "Humpa" brought a great point the idea of "theming" (sp?) was brought up in post# 10 by "luv2increase".
I had rooted 2.1 just see if I could do it.Rooting for me was a great learning process being new to Android.
The point of this thread was to see if people are happy with 2.2 and if they would jump at the OTA to 2.2.
So my question isto you what will you do when OTA arrives??
Thank You

Well, the official OTA may be what we all have on our phone right now. If it isn't, it would be insane to upgrade because we would lose ROOT. That is the most important thing for me. The leaked 2.2 runs absolutely flawless to me. There is no reason to upgrade.

I am keeping this on my phone indefinitely. The next version of Android that I have will be gingerbread 3.0, and it will be with Motorola's dual-core Android phone for Verizon which will be out by the end of the year :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Chances are that the official OTA update will be the EXACT same thing that we have all been putting on our phones over the past two days.

Remember, what we are installing comes straight from Motorola . It has to because of the locked bootloader.

The moral of all that is that for everyone who already updated to 2.2, nothing would happen because the system would already show that it is up-to-date.

I doubt it. The leak is buggy, way to buggy to be an official release. You can blame moto for loading froyo up with so much bloat that the basic functionality of the phone is lacking. I did 3 separate installations of froyo on my X and each had issues even after all the numerous fixes/tweaks.

I'm not a noob to android either, I took my time and did everything correctly, it just seems like this build of froyo is far from the final release.

Chances are that the official OTA update will be the EXACT same thing that we have all been putting on our phones over the past two days.

Remember, what we are installing comes straight from Motorola . It has to because of the locked bootloader.

The moral of all that is that for everyone who already updated to 2.2, nothing would happen because the system would already show that it is up-to-date.

I doubt it. The leak is buggy, way to buggy to be an official release. You can blame moto for loading froyo up with so much bloat that the basic functionality of the phone is lacking. I did 3 separate installations of froyo on my X and each had issues even after all the numerous fixes/tweaks.

I'm not a noob to android either, I took my time and did everything correctly, it just seems like this build of froyo is far from the final release.

I have read from a poster that he installed on a totally clean phone and has had no issues with 2.2.
I my self had done a data wipe and a full reset while I was in 2.1 and I also has zero issues with 2.2.
I'm also unrooted which may explain why I have zero issues.

I have no real issues with my rooted DX on 2.2 (though there will be no difference between an unrooted phone and one with just root/su/busybox). I am not a power user, so I haven't been putting it through its paces. The data(radio?) issue, mainly that it is not as quick to connect as the D1 and Inc, is about all I notice. But there are a number of known and documented issues, but nothing that's a deal breaker. It isn't like the current 604 is without bugs.

And luv2increase, I doubt you'll be staying on this build for long. Certainly not until your Gingerbread device! ;)
... but that's just because we'll have something rooted and better soon enough.

I have no real issues with my rooted DX on 2.2 (though there will be no difference between an unrooted phone and one with just root/su/busybox). I am not a power user, so I haven't been putting it through its paces. The data(radio?) issue, mainly that it is not as quick to connect as the D1 and Inc, is about all I notice. But there are a number of known and documented issues, but nothing that's a deal breaker. It isn't like the current 604 is without bugs.

And luv2increase, I doubt you'll be staying on this build for long. Certainly not until your Gingerbread device! ;)

LOL when I read what luv2increase posted I immediately looked at my renewel date. May 2011. I did the one year deal.
At the moment I think i'll be using this great phone for quite awhile

LOL when I read what luv2increase posted I immediately looked at my renewel date. May 2011. I did the one year deal.

It doesn't matter what the renewal date is. Chances are that Verizon will do exactly as they are right now which is letting ppl upgrade to the Droid x for 199.99 regardless of where they are at in their contract renewal period.

Oh, sorry. By "rooted and better", I just meant another software upgrade and not a new phone. :D

It doesn't matter what the renewal date is. Chances are that Verizon will do exactly as they are right now which is letting ppl upgrade to the Droid x for 199.99 regardless of where they are at in their contract renewal period.

Thats a great deal that I used for my DX. I was thinking the new soon to come to a neighborhood near you LTE phones.

I just have one question to you 2.2 early adopters... Does Froyo allow you to place a call over BT?

I have Sync in my mustang and have used BT for the phone and music since installing 2.2 on my DX.

Back