incomplete root?

5w3d15h

Reaction score
ok, first, sorry if this has been covered, I searched and didn't find anything. I just went from droid 1 to x. so, I first used z4root, and just tried visionary. z4 was fine until I tried to rename lowbattery.ogg and no dice, visionary didn't help. so, do I need to go through rsd, or am I missing something? I have superuser, (and bootstrapper) and seem to be able to do everything else requiring root. any help will be much appreciated, thank you.

are you able to do other root actions? if you can't change the name of that file it's probably because the directory is mounted read only.

yes, everything else requiring root works fine. how would I change the file from read only? sorry if its simple, I'm still pretty noob on the new phone.

Easiest way? Get Root Explorer from market. Easy as clicking the button on top that says mount read/write. Plus it's the hands down best file manger and nearly a must for all root users now. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Easiest way? Get Root Explorer from market. Easy as clicking the button on top that says mount read/write. Plus it's the hands down best file manger and nearly a must for all root users now. ;)

exactly. there is a few other ways of doing it but root explorer is pretty much a must have for root users.

Hey spaz, not to get off topic but for a moment...... I took a break and started reading the reviews on amazon app store for taskpad(free app today). You want a good laugh? Omg dude.... :)

Before we get yelled at for off topic posting ;)
The free app of the day on Amazon App store. Jesus. The reviews are classic. "App should be banned" "im committing suicide after I write this review" etc. Hilarious. Lol.

thank you. root explorer did it. as long as I'm getting all this help, how do I go about removing the locked bookmarks, Verizon and Google? I assume they're in a folder, I just don't know which one.

Way back when dx was first released, Droid life had instructions on how to remove them. I thought there was a thread here too. I don't know as I use bookmarks about 1 time per year.

Back