Is their a better music player out?

Another vote for PowerAmp Pro. Slick UI, you can sort by genre, and the equalizer is awesome. Also, the large buttons and their location are great for when I'm in the car and need to pause quickly. I was a fan of MixZing (which also has an equalizer, along with a super-responsive dev), but the placement of the buttons at the bottom of the screen was problematic for me. PowerAmp Pro has very nice widgets, too.

power amp is pretty good
but personally my favorite is the miui music app. it works on some roms that arent miui, bt i'm not sure if it works on all of them (i think most. i just got it installed on sense, and an aosp). its definitely my favorite though, it kind of resembles power amp a little actually

Last edited:
I rolls with the stock music player and probably the only one. I don't like the fact it doesn't have a genre selection.

At my job your now allowed to use your cell phone until breaks. I use my DX as my mp3 player of course so evertime I would have to pull it out to change a song it would look like I am using my phone.

The stock player has the REW, FF and Pause/Play function coming through the lock screen, making it easy for me to access its main functions from the hip since I have it attached to my belt with Body Glove case. I don't even have to look, I just put it on shuffle or a certain playlist or album and touch the screen for the rewind or forward. Both of these buttons is right above the unlock and sound slide key so if your not used to it right away you can feel for the vibration knowing the function your looking for is right above that.

Power Amp looked cool and worked fine but in my situation I wouldn't be able to use it the way I am now with the stock. At least stock good for something.

Somewhat related to this topic, since I figured it was a Stock Milestone player issue, though WinAmp has it too...

How the hell does Droid read and sort music files? It's not filename, because my recent addition is named "01 - song name" "02 - song name".... it's not ID Tags, unless it's ignoring the Track Number section.

I made a playlist for it which, obviously, fixed it...but it's a little irritating to have to make a playlist for EVERY new album I wanna add to my phone.

I was hoping WinAmp would fix it, since WinAmp automatically reads the ID tags properly on PC. Would any of the other players do this right? >.>

Just to throw it out there, Gummyjar has lock screen music controls that work with power amp. That is all.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Just to throw it out there, Gummyjar has lock screen music controls that work with power amp. That is all.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ill have to check that out thanks

Back