Is there an easy way to Root?

tankhand

Reaction score
In no way am I computer savy enough to Root this thing on my on. Is there a forum or a site I can go to to guide a "Dummy" like myself to be able to Root my Moto Droid and be able to do some of the cool stuff I've seen here?

There is many threads here about rooting, a "Noob" guide. Use the search, read it....sleep...read it again........then read it once more...

i recommend you do a LOT of reading before you root. yes, rooting is really easy now, but there are drawbacks that you should be aware of.

i recommend you do a LOT of reading before you root. yes, rooting is really easy now, but there are drawbacks that you should be aware of.

what drawbacks? lol i don't regret it one bit.

Maybe he was referring to messing up in the root process????....

Well if you ask me rooting is easy no matter how you do I but I think that the easiest way would be to get smupdater and do it that was because you don't even have to use your computer to do it

Matth3w has some very indepth guides on rooting/installing a ROM

id go with that

I got my Driod and rooted it on the same day (yesterday). It was really easy to do. Im going to take my time with roms, it seems a bit more tricky.

I would like to thank everyone for replying. Alot of usefull info. I will be doing alot of reading before I try this.

I just used Matt's guide today for the first time (rooted for the first time today).

Rooting is actually pretty easy. It's what comes next that scares people. And it is the what comes next that is the purpose of rooting too!

Bear in mind...nobody is born knowing this stuff. As others said, read, rest, read some more, ask some questions. When you do decide to make the move be aware of what each step is supposed to do.

Back