Just forced the OTA update to my phone.............here's how.

Reaction score
I read this on another forum, and since I had nothing better to do I gave it a shot...........and it worked.

Home/menu/settings/apps/all/google services framework/

Touch this.

Once it opens clear data and force stop it.

Hit home/settings/about phone/check for updates.

It took me 7-8 times doing it, and then it started downloading the update, installed, and no problems at all. Some of the other people on that forum did it 3 times and it worked, some did it 15 and it worked, and of course some did it a lot and nothing happened.

Nothing is lost by clearing the data and force stopping it, so no fear there.

Give it a shot, you really have nothing to loose but about 10 minutes of time............and you have a lot to gain if it works.

Steve

I read this on another forum, and since I had nothing better to do I gave it a shot...........and it worked.

Touch this.

It took me 7-8 times doing it, and then it started downloading the update, installed, and no problems at all. Some of the other people on that forum did it 3 times and it worked, some did it 15 and it worked, and of course some did it a lot and nothing happened.

Give it a shot, you really have nothing to loose but about 10 minutes of time............and you have a lot to gain if it works.

Steve
Nothin rite now,but will keep tryin it.Thxz for the info

Yes, it always goes back to that date............it's something to do with Android or Linux.

Keep trying it, I was amazed when it worked..........but am glad I spent the 10 minutes doing it.

Steve

Yes, it always goes back to that date............it's something to do with Android or Linux.

Keep trying it, I was amazed when it worked..........but am glad I spent the 10 minutes doing it.

Steve
Cool.It was freakin me out there,my birthday is Jan 14 1969.I said dear God,their(The Goverment) is trackin me :D

The method does work after 6th try for me up in Rochester, NY

THIS DOES WORK: YOU JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT! I actually gave up after my 5th try. Then I read all the user comments and decided to keep trying and voila, unbelievably it downloaded the update and as I type I'm installing the update! Giddy UP!

After it installed it shut down and now a screen states "Android is upgrading (Optimizing application ... of 125.)

I've updated on my original Droid it has never said that before, I'm guessing ICS has different update parameters and a different method of "upgrading" as it states..... It just finished upgrading "contacts" and now I'm a live with my Nexus. WOW, I'm getting 3 bars of 4G while just before the update in the same location I was only getting 1 bar. Google chrome seems faster too... Time will tell what else has been improved.

Touch this.

Steve

Yeah I kept trying and reading the posts, and I looked at the phone and it was downloading the file.

Great find for the original poster on that other forum.

Steve Screenshot_2012-06-01-21-30-46.png

I can't get it done...doesn't work for me. Maybe reboot the phone

I flashed with wugs back to stock and locked last night to see what the update would be like, I also formatted the sd storage to make sure no dust was left untouched.

Was glad to see this thread. It took me about 9 times, but it actually worked.

Hats Off to you sir/maam whoever thought of of this!!
audience.gif
Getting ready to restart now..will get back with results.

Got it. Took about 20 tries.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338610438013.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338610438013.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 391
Just got it!

Forcing the update worked for me too! Took me probably 20-25 times. I thought this was all some sort of sick joke at first!

Just as a reference, the 1969 date that it indicates is the epoch for Android, which is the starting point that android uses as a base reference when calculating time.

Wow. Took me one try, thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Back