Lag using LauncherPro

a couple tricks that worked for me
1.go to preferences, general, check keep in memory
2. go to preferences,advanced,memory usage settings,memory usage preset,check moderate or medium.This has eliminated most redraws for me.

The new version 6.7.3 fixed my lag issues. I have 10+ widgets so I set my memory settings preset to low. It's perfect now!

The new version 6.7.3 fixed my lag issues. I have 10+ widgets so I set my memory settings preset to low. It's perfect now!
same here. fixed my redraw issues and I use the same settings as you do.

Why Kangerage?? Install BB v0.4 The fastest and smoot Rom ever made. No bugs at all!!

Seems like many people are having redraw issues with LP. Its a shame, the dev keeps adding more features but with each update it runs slower and slower, and the redraws get worse. Such a good app, but the redraws kill it for me. I know its the app because I've had the identical roblem on 4 different roms.

Yes, it's the same on all the ROMs I've tried. I just updated a minute ago, so I'll see what's changed if anything.

minfreemanager on medium or aggressive and turning off rotate will get rid of almost all redraw...

minfreemanager on medium or aggressive and turning off rotate will get rid of almost all redraw...

I have Minefreemanager set to aggressive and it doesn't seem to help much. I don't have rotate disabled but I like that feature of the phone and a stock Droid can handle rotating so I don't understand how a Droid with over 2x the processing power can't.

I don't know if this is related but after I started using LP (which was about the same time I went to the newest Kangerade (luv that)) when I go between apps it often just has the background and a message saying "waiting for os to wake up." I can push the home button and all icons appear though.

I get the same exact message.. but I also get another message that says CPU resoting last screen as well.. Launcher pro has been so slow for me lately though and yesterday I went back to HelixLauncher and am seeing if I get the same issues. If not, Ill probably stick with Helix - Launcherpro is cool, but it isnt worth the trouble if it is slowing my phone down

1. Install LauncherPro
2. Set as default
3. Preferences > General Settings > Keep in memory: Check
4. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Memory Usage Preset: Medium
5. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Use homescreen caches: Check
6. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Homescreen cache type: Compressed
7. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Build caches as needed: Check
8. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Clear caches on exit: No Check
9. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Prevent force-closes: Check

Use 5 screens or less for better performance.

1. Install LauncherPro
2. Set as default
3. Preferences > General Settings > Keep in memory: Check (this was unchecked because it says that this feature (I have no idea what it is) is expiramental and may cause instability.)
4. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Memory Usage Preset: Medium (Nohing was checked here)
5. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Use homescreen caches: Check (Checked)
6. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Homescreen cache type: Compressed (Normal was checked here. Although I have no idea what this means)
7. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Build caches as needed: Check (Checked)
8. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Clear caches on exit: No Check (Unchecked)
9. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Prevent force-closes: Check (Checked)

Use 5 screens or less for better performance.[/quote] (Only have 5 screens)

Hope this increases the performance

Last edited:
1. Install LauncherPro
2. Set as default
4. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Memory Usage Preset: Medium
5. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Use homescreen caches: Check
6. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Homescreen cache type: Compressed
7. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Build caches as needed: Check
8. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Clear caches on exit: No Check
9. Preferences > Advanced Settings > Memory Usage Settings > Prevent force-closes: Check

Actually, I think this may have worked... Launcher seems to be MUCH faster and I havent gotten that damn "CPU Restoring" and other error message yet..

Thanks brotha

1. Install LauncherPro
2. Set as default

Actually, I think this may have worked... Launcher seems to be MUCH faster and I havent gotten that damn "CPU Restoring" and other error message yet..

Thanks brotha

I actually set my settings to this and then went into my gallery. As I was scrolling through photos I turned the phone sideways to landscape to view a few. I then tapped the home key will still in landscape mode and when it returned to the home screen... redraw. Grrrrr.. :icon_evil:

1. Install LauncherPro
2. Set as default

Thanks brotha

I actually set my settings to this and then went into my gallery. As I was scrolling through photos I turned the phone sideways to landscape to view a few. I then tapped the home key will still in landscape mode and when it returned to the home screen... redraw. Grrrrr.. :icon_evil:

Try restarting?

Thanks brotha

Try restarting?

No difference.

Try restarting?

No difference.

Try a hard restart by taking out the battery - maybe recheck the settings above?

Back