Leak Updates

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well our friends over at MDW had informed me yesterday that another leak was coming today, but then this came is

With the release of Froyo on the X. MDW has received a C & D from Motorola requesting removal of the software from thier server. We are sorry for the inconvenience but we must oblige Motorola. I am not sure how long the mirrors will be up so if you want to get your Froyo on then now would be a good time....

Copy of the Email:

Pursuant to 17 USC 512(c)(3)(A), this communication serves as a statement that:

(1). I the duly authorized representative of the exclusive rights holder Motorola for Droid X Keyboard Software, know as “repackaged-signed.apk”

The follow URL contains the software which we have confirmed as Motorola Copyrighted Software

http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/downloads/update.zip

(2). These exclusive rights are being violated by material available upon your site at the following URL(s):

http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/downloads/update.zip

(3) I have a good faith belief that the use of this material in such a fashion is not authorized by the copyright holder, the copyright holder's agent, or the law;

(4) Under penalty of perjury in a United States court of law, I state that the information contained in this notification is accurate, and that I am authorized to act on the behalf of the exclusive rights holder for the material in question;

(5) I may be contacted by the following methods:

Richard Rushing
Senior Director Information Security
Motorola

[email protected]
Office xxx-xxx-xxxx
Mobile xxx-xxx-xxxx

I hereby request that you remove or disable access to this material as it appears on your service in as expedient a fashion as possible. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Richard Rushing
Motorola
Senior Director Information Security
[email protected]
Office xxx-xxx-xxxx
Mobile xxx-xxx-xxxx

In short Motorola has issues a C&D to them for yesterdays leak (even though they cited the wrong file). With that today's leak has been postponed until further notice.

I will continue to communicate wit BBCrackman P3Droid and the rest of the MDW staff to bring the latest leaks and news possible, but as for right now. Nothing is gonna leak today. If it changes I will post a new thread making the announcement

source

damn motorola, they ruin everything :)

Is this just for the X?

man you shoulda left the email and phone number up!! i would like to give that dude a piece of my mind!!

This would have been another leak for the Droid 1. The newest build for froyo on it. the build is FRGxx.............sorry guys but that's all I can do for now

Is this just for the X?

Actually they asked for FRF57 to be pulled down also........ and i'm sure once they see whats there. They will get another one

LOL, that sucks. I was actually talking to Verizon yesterday because my picture messaging wasn't working since I got my phone. Had to do a hard reset and kind of had to mention I wasn't on 2.1. The tech guy was totally cool with it. "He was like, ya, a few guys in my office did that too. I won't tell if you won't"

Good thing I've been running 2.2 since it leaked and I still have the zip file on my laptop. :)

wow motorola is sounding and behaving more and more like apple everyday.

Hmm darn you Moto. Luckily i decided to do it when i did if not i was going to wait until today. Still got my zip in my laptop

Guys, I got to say blaming Motorola here is dead wrong.

This is a leaked version of Froyo, not a planned distribution. It may be flawed for all we know. They have every right to protect themselves from distribution of something that is still not ready for release.

Back