Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
[video=youtube;4Zew6lUOOC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zew6lUOOC4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Droid X custom boot animation[/video]

As much as I don't want to do this it is a must

WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR IF YOU INSTALL THIS HACK

Do you love your Android device as much as we do? Do you wish you could customize it a little to refelect your likes and desires? Well now you can. MyDroiedWorld and Androiddoes member Natemz has created a custom boot animation for your Droid X. It is currently available in only two colors at the moment, Green and Black but Natemz claims there will be more to come. Now remember you must be ROOTED to do this. and the easiest way is to rename the file to bootanimation.zip and replace the existing using file manager. Lets give a big thanks to Natemz for this beauty and hit the links for your color of choice.

Looking To Spice Up Your Droid X? - Android Does

I haven't been very active in the forums here, but I've been lurking since I got my X. I went ahead and Gimped this one to blue for myself and figured for my first post, I would share out to anyone else who wants it. Thanks Shadez for sharing and Natemz for making it.
greendroidboot000027.png

n6greendroidboot000027p

let me n00b it up in here and ask how where and how to install this...?

I'm rooted...

Last edited:
that's it... and it just reads the file?

and my file explorer can't seem to open my data directory...

That's it. The phone just reads the zip file. And what file explorer are you using?

I personally use SU File Manager & Terminal (my debit card doesn't allow transactions not in US dollars :angry:)

Isnt it the /system/media folder?

yes it is. thanks for the help guys. the issue was that my file explorer didn't have root access so I downloaded root explorer and I'm good to go!

I would recommend placing in data/local. That way you don't overwrite anything. To go back, all you need to do is delete the file. Don't delete/overwrite the one in system/media. It's just my opinion, but this way is easier and safer.

I just renamed the existing bootanimation in system/media to stockbootanimation, pasted the new one there and everything worked just fine.

Easiest way IMHO is to use Root Explorer to copy and paste it into data/local folder.

this is how i did it. it took a battery pull, though. was stuck on the m.
looks very nice, thanks!

well....i need to pull the battery in order to get any of them to boot up. my problem is i over-wrote the stock. anyone know where i can get a new copy?

this is how i did it. it took a battery pull, though. was stuck on the m.
looks very nice, thanks!

well....i need to pull the battery in order to get any of them to boot up. my problem is i over-wrote the stock. anyone know where i can get a new copy?

i also put the file into the media file and it still needed a battery pull..hmmm

Back