Looks like it'll be the Bionic for me after all...

How do people have "multiple" upgrades available? How can you upgrade now then upgrade in a few months if the prime or HD comes out

A lot of ppl have multiple lines for other family members. Most of the time these people don't even know they can upgrade or they really don't care about having latest and greatest. I do the same thing with my wife. I use my upgrade and if a couple months something comes out that I like, I use her upgrade and give her my old phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

A lot of ppl have multiple lines for other family members. Most of the time these people don't even know they can upgrade or they really don't care about having latest and greatest. I do the same thing with my wife. I use my upgrade and if a couple months something comes out that I like, I use her upgrade and give her my old phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I do the same. I get two phones a year.

How do people have "multiple" upgrades available? How can you upgrade now then upgrade in a few months if the prime or HD comes out

Yes I actually have One for me, another for my wife, and my daughter's upgrade. If something better then the Bionic comes and I like it. I will give my wife the Bionic and get the other device. I will not tough the other upgrade.

How are you going to survive without a phone for 2 weeks?
If anything, my droid is the one thing i carry EVERYWHERE. My license doesnt even get that kind of treatment....
damn I'm so spoiled by technology...

How are you going to survive without a phone for 2 weeks?
If anything, my droid is the one thing i carry EVERYWHERE. My license doesnt even get that kind of treatment....
damn I'm so spoiled by technology...

Well, if it had been working fine the past few months, I'd be feeling the pinch of no phone... but it had been acting up, the screen was glitchy a lot of times, even ROM'd, it was responding so slow... in short, it was actually painful to use it so I was using it less and less, using my PC again for all the things I was using the phone... except for phone calls.

So, I'm used to not having the complete convenience of a smart phone for a while already... although not being able to make calls or texts does suck...

If this Bionic gets delayed again, I'll be tempted to give Verizon the finger though! Haha!

I'm guessing you don't want a phone off Craigslist or eBay until the Bionic comes out? I mean I think it's fine to wait but personally, I would have some sort of phone just in case of an emergency.

I'm guessing you don't want a phone off Craigslist or eBay until the Bionic comes out? I mean I think it's fine to wait but personally, I would have some sort of phone just in case of an emergency.

Nah, I've only heard bad things about buying off Craigslist from others that have done it, and eBay?? The clowns selling stuff on ebay are asking practically full new-retail for used crap.

Those aren't viable options... If a friend wanted to unload a DX or something at a reasonable price, I'd be interested, but so far no luck with that.

Nah, I've only heard bad things about buying off Craigslist from others that have done it, and eBay?? The clowns selling stuff on ebay are asking practically full new-retail for used crap.

Those aren't viable options... If a friend wanted to unload a DX or something at a reasonable price, I'd be interested, but so far no luck with that.

I sold two phones on ebay for a very good price and got great feedback from both buyers.

Im in the same boat well my old Of Droid gave out so I have the insurance and paid the $100 to get another Of Droid in good condition but im really undecided as to whether to wait for the iPhone 5 (just to see what the specs are...loved my original iPhone) or just getthe bionic when it comes out...problem id it seems that everytime I hear Of a new "bad ass" Droid, I hear of another new even more "bad ass" Droid! Im afraid once I pick up the bionic they'll release an even better one right after!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Im in the same boat well my old Of Droid gave out so I have the insurance and paid the $100 to get another Of Droid in good condition but im really undecided as to whether to wait for the iPhone 5 (just to see what the specs are...loved my original iPhone) or just getthe bionic when it comes out...problem id it seems that everytime I hear Of a new "bad ass" Droid, I hear of another new even more "bad ass" Droid! Im afraid once I pick up the bionic they'll release an even better one right after!

yeah its now called the DROID Prime...and rumors suggest an october release...lol

Haha see what I mean and now I hear of these droids with beats by Dre speakers n im even more interested! I think im just gonna pass on the bionic cuz im afraid its not what its So made out to be but just the first of a whole lot of droids with the same or better specs! Thats one thing I hate about droids is they always come out with something better a month later

UGH...

I was all geared up to get Bionic on/near release but I literally decided last night as I was falling asleep that since I just got a Droid 3 for free as a replacement for breaking my OG Droid (Great deal, eh?!) that I'm going wait until the first decent price drop on the Bionic. I don't think I can justify buying a $300 phone having the 3 right now.

Does anyone know when most phones start to drop in price? Month or two after release?

Heck, I may wait until the Prime or something as well, however I HATE the rounded design...

Last edited:
WHAT?!?! The Droid 3 as a replacement?! I literally claimed my phone last week and the sent me the same og Droid!! Thats messed up...ruined my day :-(

UGH...

I was all geared up to get Bionic on/near release but I literally decided last night as I was falling asleep that since I just got a Droid 3 for free as a replacement for breaking my OG Droid (Great deal, eh?!) that I'm going wait until the first decent price drop on the Bionic. I don't think I can justify buying a $300 phone having the 3 right now.

Does anyone know when most phones start to drop in price? Month or two after release?
Heck, I may wait until the Prime or something as well, however I HATE the rounded design...
Will,with the info ive just learned about the prime bein a droid branded phone,now i think im gonna wait.

Back