Lovin' my Razr MAXX

Today makes 7 days of Droid Maxx nirvana. The culture shock of having a battery that easily lasts me through my waking hours, is disconcerting in an excellent way.

Each day, this week, I've thrown everything I could at it from streaming Shoutcast for hours, to using MotoCast to access music on my home computer. Games, Apps, Logmein, Netlix over 3G or Wireless. It's all good.

All I can say about the battery life is wow.

Screen is great and such an improvement over my OG droid. Processor speed, application multitasking, phone calls. Everything is sweet.

Only small hangup is the low volume of speakerphone but I'm a geeky bluetooth type so that's no issue with my old Plantronics Voyager 520 hanging from my ear. Plan to have a Blueant Q2 next week so I can stream Coast2Coast, Stern and Inforwars.

Really like the SmartActions, as well. When I get into the Scion xB and plug the mini-stereo from the headphone jack to the AUX, Winamp pops up and it's easy to hit Favorites and drive.

It's 11pm EST now. 16 hours into the charge and have managed to get down to 10% by abusing everything I can. Hopefully Slacker radio can take it on down so I can see the bottom for once.

Download question

I was wondering if there was something I am missing. I set my storage to save to the SD Card but someone sent me a message with a picture and when I downlaoded it, the picture was saved to my phone not the SD Card. I had to manually move it. Is this right or is there a setting I missed.
Thank you

Originally bought a Razr in November, my biggest grip has been battery life. I'm a trucker but also in the last 2 months I've had to travel out of town for family emergencies 3 times. Hence a lot of time in airports and on planes. Have a car charger in each car, and the semi, as well as two seperate wall chargers and a power cell.

Verizon gave me a smokin' deal for a Maxx, neither the wife nor I are ready for an upgrade yet, but they gave me the upgrade price for a Maxx since I was giving her my regular Razr and she was upgrading from a non-smart phone to a smart phone. Recieved it Weds. night, activated it, charged didn't get to set my time frames till Thursday. Battery use on Thursday was not good. Took the phone off the charger at 5 am, no gaming use, but tons of cellular data use for downloading apps. By 6 pm when I got home it was down to 15% battery, oh and I had to give it a 40 minute charge during the day at work.

Charged it that night, went all day Friday, roaming, multiple calls, surfing the web, FB use, etc. and played about an hr of angry birds. Still at 30% charge when I plugged it in about 8:30 pm. What difference in battery life. Need to make a couple of tweaks to the time frames, as well as turn off the auto updates for my apps and the battery should last even longer.

I agree, the outer case is much slipperier than the regular Razr, dropped it in the semi a few times the last two days. Ordered an otterbox for it as a result. So far, loving this one more than my regular Razr.

I got my razr today. What's everyone think of the display? As soon as I tilt the screen in any direction, there is a green or bluish tint. I didn't see it at the store. Not a deal breaker I don't think,yet. Otherwise a major upgrade from the og Droid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Had mine one week. Fantastic device. Loving it and will be for a long time to come. With no LTE here, but coming later this year, when that hits it'll be like an upgrade all over again. Ha, Ha! Great phone!!:biggrin:

I got my razr today. What's everyone think of the display? As soon as I tilt the screen in any direction, there is a green or bluish tint. I didn't see it at the store. Not a deal breaker I don't think,yet. Otherwise a major upgrade from the og Droid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Now that you've mentioned this, it appears mine will do this too. I don't see this as an issue at all.

Holy cow that's it! Hold the screen straight on, cool thanks.

When I use Swype I tilt the screen to right and see the green tint. Hold it straight on and no tint!

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Not a deal breaker for me. I really like this phone! Very smooth and fast phone. No lags or freeze-ups yet. Battery is awesome! The red led came on last night at 12am and I woke up at 530am and it was still flashing! My OG would have turned off 30mins. Can't wait to see what it does when I'm on 4g. I live in a small town, but there is a city 30 mins from me that will get 4g middle of this year. Hopefully, we'll get some of that lovin'. Thankfully my 3g is super strong here.
dancedroid

This phone is the real deal. Battery length is amazing to say the least. Only have 3G where we are so 4g testing will have to wait a bit for me. Although during AA typical day of using wifi when available and 3G otherwise for all functions I had 70% battery left at 11:30pm after a 15 hour day of emailing, texting, posting to the Internet information as well as pictures, updating word and excel documents stored on drop box and of course surfing the Internet. Absolutely amazing phone.

The phone IS amazing. I've had it for a week and a half and am very impressed by the battery life. When the new ICS get downloaded (within a few months I hear) this will be the ultimate smartphone.

One caveat: The phone froze on me yesterday and there was NOTHING I could do. Since you can't remove the battery, you just have to wait it out. It took a couple of minutes for the phone to correct itself, but at least it DOES correct itself. If your RAZR MAXX freezes up on you, don't panic. Just let it "heal"....I supposed that it's a push. If the phone DID have a removable battery, by the time you took off your case, took off the back, took out the battery, put the battery back in and then let the phone power up again, the same amount of time would have passed as opposed to "waiting it out" with the MAXX.

As for cases for the new MAXX, the ones that fit the Droid RAZR will NOT fit the MAXX, so don't even bother. Not many MAXX cases are available right now. Diztronic has GREAT silicone-like cases but they're not available yet for the MAXX. Keep checking. Meanwhile, the Verizon Glossy Silicone case is just fine. I managed to get one of the only TWO my nearest store had on hand. They're not cheap (20 dollars) but they're really good. The ones at Diztronic are made of a material that is supposed to be better than silicone and their cases are a lot cheaper; plus, they are the best ones to put on your phone if you like the lightweight thinness and ruggedness of Verizon's silicone cases.

As for cases for the new MAXX, the ones that fit the Droid RAZR will NOT fit the MAXX, so don't even bother. Not many MAXX cases are available right now. Diztronic has GREAT silicone-like cases but they're not available yet for the MAXX. Keep checking. Meanwhile, the Verizon Glossy Silicone case is just fine. I managed to get one of the only TWO my nearest store had on hand. They're not cheap (20 dollars) but they're really good. The ones at Diztronic are made of a material that is supposed to be better than silicone and their cases are a lot cheaper; plus, they are the best ones to put on your phone if you like the lightweight thinness and ruggedness of Verizon's silicone cases.

I emailed Diztronic (tpu-cases.com). They said the Maxx cases should be available in about two weeks. I agree - great case at a value price.

:i-m_so_happy:

The phone IS amazing. I've had it for a week and a half and am very impressed by the battery life. When the new ICS get downloaded (within a few months I hear) this will be the ultimate smartphone.

One caveat: The phone froze on me yesterday and there was NOTHING I could do. Since you can't remove the battery, you just have to wait it out. It took a couple of minutes for the phone to correct itself, but at least it DOES correct itself. If your RAZR MAXX freezes up on you, don't panic. Just let it "heal"....I supposed that it's a push. If the phone DID have a removable battery, by the time you took off your case, took off the back, took out the battery, put the battery back in and then let the phone power up again, the same amount of time would have passed as opposed to "waiting it out" with the MAXX.

I am planning to get mine on Sunday so I am glad to hear all the positive reviews. I thought there was a way to manually reboot the MAXX when it froze up. I am still going with it, I came with in 2 inches of getting the Galaxy Nexxus instead.

I am planning to get mine on Sunday so I am glad to hear all the positive reviews. I thought there was a way to manually reboot the MAXX when it froze up. I am still going with it, I came with in 2 inches of getting the Galaxy Nexxus instead.

Re-boot frozen phone by holding "Volume down at the same time as power button" for about 10 seconds. Its a lot easier than a battery pull. Happened to me on Saturday and I was up and running in no time.

Back