manual update available

yea everyone with eris should just wait for the official update all these leaks have been pretty bad. my wifes phone didnt like them at all and from what i read no one elses does either!

Kack, do you know what your seeing? The leaks are all just that, leaks. This one is the official update. This is the same as when the Droids 2.0.1 and 2.1 were available manually. This doesn't require rooting like the previous leaks you may have tried. This is the official OTA. That is why it comes straight from Google. This is the same zip file that your Eris will download when it is chosen by the update gods. We are just jumping the gun and getting it ourself.

I'm about to use it on my wife's Eris.

got it going on her fone. really easy. man i like the HTC recovery screen better than my moto droid! lol

i say you all should do it.

Kack, do you know what your seeing? The leaks are all just that, leaks. This one is the official update. This is the same as when the Droids 2.0.1 and 2.1 were available manually. This doesn't require rooting like the previous leaks you may have tried. This is the official OTA. That is why it comes straight from Google. This is the same zip file that your Eris will download when it is chosen by the update gods. We are just jumping the gun and getting it ourself.

I'm about to use it on my wife's Eris.

Works. I did this two hours ago. My gf's eris is working just fine now. This is not a leak. This is official.

Shadez, this is not old. 2.1 is new for the ERIS.

I put this on my wife's phone earlier. Working great. Didn't speed it up much but it now has Navigation, working YouTube, new Market, and other small changes.

Its official.

Though I can't "prove" it the 2.1 is being sent out and some ppl already got it. So all you have to do is get that file and put it online
Really simple concept.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It comes straight from Google, how much more official can you get? You aren't downloading from an attachment or rapidshare or something. Why would Google host a leak on their servers and let everyone download it? Also, the leaks require rooting and other steps in order to apply them. This is an update.zip that is correctly signed from Google. This has happened every time a Droid update comes out also, I don't see why no one believes it!

Does applying this official update wipe the Eris? Do i need to backup everything on my Wife's and Daughter's phones first? They (ok, me) are getting tired of waiting for that push.

TIA as always.

Your contacts getvsaved on the net so they come back. Pictures ate on the SD card. You might loose your text messages. But that's not the end of the world.
You will need to install your apps again. Again no big deal.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back