MicFlip Units Are Shipping!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Several weeks ago we discussed the MicFlip indiegogo project. MicFlip is the self proclaimed "World's first reversible Micro USB cable". If you were able to get in on the crowdfunding campaign you were able to grab one for only $10. Those units are now shipping! I got mine today and it is surprisingly high quality. It is built with a super high quality tangle free cable.

The PC side is not reversible like the company had first intended. Apparently in testing they found that the reversible PC part of the cable was not very sturdy and broke alot so I don't really mind this part of the cable not being reversible. This side will more than likely be plugged into a wall brick which will be plugged in to the wall so it doesn't bother me in the slightest that it is not reversible.

The phone end is reversible, and it really does work! So far I have to say that this is pretty stinking sweet not having to fidget with the cable. I don't even have to look at it since it goes in the phone either way. This cable is pretty sweet!

via MicFlip

I MISSED THE MEMO!
This is the first Kickstarter campaign that I can see would virtually undo the gray hair I have on my head due to headaches succumbed from plugging in different phones, into the same charger.

"Now which way do you plug in???? NO, not that way, this way then, argh, it was the other way. ARGH !!!"

I don't see why not.

I thought that not all cables were capable of fast charging even when paired with a turbo charger. Some clarification here would be nice if anyone can chime in. If it is capable of fast charging, I'll definitely look into getting one.

I thought that not all cables were capable of fast charging even when paired with a turbo charger. Some clarification here would be nice if anyone can chime in. If it is capable of fast charging, I'll definitely look into getting one.
The cable connectors should have nothing to do with whether you can use it with a fast charger or not. The same two pins are used on both ends to supply the varying voltages so the only potential cable compatibility issues I could see would be perhaps cables that were too small of a wire gauge, causing excessive resistance, heating up of the cable and reducing the actual current making it to the device.

Back