MIUI.us-Droid-1.6.10.1

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
MIUI.us-Droid-1.6.10.1

This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT STILL BETA

This build was ported to the droid by TP4BAMA and MagiMan7, translations to english were done by MIUI.us

All of the MIUI.us build are now available on Rom Manager under MIUI.us which will allow automatic notification of future builds

Follow us on twitter for real time updates!
@tp4bama / @magiman7

If this is your first time trying MIUI, read the MIUI Manual (credit The Batman) to become familiar with the interface and many of the hidden options.

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
 "MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama" nor MIUI.us nor Miui.cn developers are liable 
 in anyway.*/

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Apps dont automatically load, use the Miui Backup app to backup /restore apps
  • If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme to verify the theme is not causing the issue.
  • MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! There is a problem across all builds with attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN
  • Facebook will sync ALL contacts
  • Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
  • Hear camera initialize once after every full boot
  • Autobrightness is slow to change (see fix below)
  • Miui Camera still buggy, replaced with the CyanogenMod Camera until fixed

POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

MIUI CHANGELOG: MIUI.us

Local changes by US:
  • Completely new porting procedure, removed a TON (over 50) of unneeded Milestone files
  • Upgraded Motorola Proprietary files to FRG83G (Prevents VZW OTA update from downloading)
  • Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 40mb
  • Compcache working from install (40mb)
  • Re-implimented compcache to be more compatible with other kernels
  • Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
  • Adjusted multiple memomory configurations - Multitasking and Hard to Kill Launcher from V6 Supercharge script (credit zeppelinrox)
  • Added 4-way Power mod (Miui.us)
  • Added all ringetones from CM7
  • Added vim, nano, bash, terminal mods, fix permissions script (CyanogenMod 7)
  • Added Terminal Emulator from CyanogenMod 7
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Added lockapp / unlockapp scripts to lock an app in memory (scripts by MagiMan7, idea from zeppelinrox)
  • Old 3D Gallery was added
  • Removed 3G Hotspot due to it not working
  • Removed ProTips due to it being useless
  • Added Rom Manager for future automatic updates (installed to /data for easier upgrades)
  • Added Google Apps: Car Home, GenieWidget to system apps (not available from the market)
  • Added Google Apps: Mail, Maps, Voice, Google Search, Youtube to data apps (can be easily uninstalled or updated)
  • Added Stock Motorola Droid QuickOffice in /data (can be easily uninstalled)

INSTALLATION:
  1. Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
  2. NANDROID BACKUP!
  3. Wipe Data/factory reset
  4. Flash this rom
  5. If apps do not show up after initial flash, rebooting should make them reappear
  6. Restore apps/data with Miui backup
  7. If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
  8. Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs with certain apps
  9. [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.

Version 1.6.10.1
md5: fefd908329501509026e525397b6c96f

Have Rom Manager automatically download zip on your phone (suggest downloading on wifi)
You must enable Web Connect in Rom Manager on your phone to enable this option

Themes available at MIUI.us

Themers: Excellent guide on creating MIUI themes at MIUI.us

ERI Mod - Removes all Verizon / Roaming / Network text in menu bar and pull down. (Flash on top of 1.6.3.0)
ERI-Mod 1.6.10: MIUI.us_sholes_1.6.10-eri-mod.zip
md5: 836e0952009f2bc041fd49ec2923006b

AUTOBRIGHTNESS FIX
The screen may take 10-30 sec to change brightness level when moved from bright to dark environment. This can be sped up to around 5 sec by disabling the Light Sensor Filter. To do this go to Settings -> Display Settings -> Advanced Mode (Under Automatic brightness) -> Turn off Light Sensor Filter at the top.

LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).

To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.

Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.

Sweet! Was going to install LGB 2.0 just now but will give this a run first. Thx again magiman7!

Good work guys. Thanks for all of your time and dedication.

Loading this now before I do anything else this morning.

Hoping for a bit better battery life on this one.

I just went back to 1.4.29...and now I'm going to have to wipe again! Haha, thanks all the same, I'll give it a shot.

Any feedback on this build? My battery is at 10 percent so I am going to wait a bit

I'm waiting til I get home as I realized I don't have my charger with me at work. Hoping I don't run into the same issues I did with 1.6.3 the other day.

I'm loving it! Its running great so far!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Should be a better experience than 1.6.3. I added some small memory tweaks from the previous builds (1.5.27+) so it will be interesting to see if they have any noticeable difference.

Fixed the issue with compcache not working for some on boot

Fixed the m boot loop issue after flashing

Fixed the issue w/ some of those gapps not being there that I said were (oops)

Added Quickoffice to the list of included apps (from stock OG Droid)

MIUI fixed the notification issue and redid status bar icons

On a side note, I heard a rumor that the camera issue is being worked on this week. Milestone phone has the same issue that the Droid does (no big surprise there) and they are hoping to get it fixed this week. No guarantees, but there is hope for a working MIUI Camera soon.

This all makes it sound worthwhile. Like I said, I plan on flashing when I get home. It's just tough and time-consuming for me because I'm coming from 1.4.29 and can not use MIUI backup for sytem data or apps (I thought apps would work, but I'm having major issues with it). So essentially I have to start from scratch to hop on to 1.6.x

One thing weird...

The only thing difficult was that the home screen layout would not restore from Miui Backup. I restored the apps before restoring the system data. No folders came back at all. Took me some time to do it manually.

I always format everything one at a time.

I upgraded from 6.3.

Just flashed 1.6.10.1 coming from a different ROM.

Wiped everything using RzR recovery. Flashed successfully. Restored my user apps (app only) selectively using a Titanium backup I made just before flashing, then I restored data only for three or four of the apps. I let Contacts and calandar sync from Google. Completely configured all the settings I was interested in.
Did a Nandroid backup then flashed ChevyNo1 MedV 1.0G and Supercharger V6 with option 11 and rebooted.

IT RUNS GREAT.

Then, not willing to leave well enough alone, I made another nandroid backup and flashed the mod to kill the clock and battery in the notification bar.

I found the mod for 1.6.10 in the MIUI-US forums under HTC EVO 4G but somewhere in the thread, it said you could apply the mod to any MIUI supported device. It borked the phone. Lock-ups and hangs etc.

Did a nandroid restore and am back to nirvana. I'll just live with looking at the battery and clock in the bar and be happy.

Great job Magiman7

Len

The only thing difficult was that the home screen layout would not restore from Miui Backup. I restored the apps before restoring the system data. No folders came back at all. Took me some time to do it manually.

I always format everything one at a time.

I upgraded from 6.3.

I did notice an issue with restoring folders on desktop screen. I noticed a similar issue with restoring on 1.6.3. I get my folders back, but I get an error anytime I try to move an icon into it.

This all makes it sound worthwhile. Like I said, I plan on flashing when I get home. It's just tough and time-consuming for me because I'm coming from 1.4.29 and can not use MIUI backup for sytem data or apps (I thought apps would work, but I'm having major issues with it). So essentially I have to start from scratch to hop on to 1.6.x

I guess that is the advantage of staying up to date. ;) I backup and restore each week, so I didn't realize there was issue on backups from multiple versions back. I will say that there have been updates to MIUI Backup since then that backup more items, so there will be less to redo manually (hopefully)

Back