MIUI.us-Droid-1.6.10.1

Thank you guys once again for another update! I've only been using this build for about an hour now, but it is running great so far. I skipped last week's 1.6.3 because of the status bar stuff, so I'm glad to see it was fixed here.

I am having awesome luck with this build. Still stock kernel for now. By the way MAG7, my Sirius radio app is working flawless on this build. If that helps narrow down why it didn't work on the last two builds. Thanks so much, appreciate the time and effort. No need to upgrade from the og, when this miui rom is around haha.

I am having awesome luck with this build. Still stock kernel for now. By the way MAG7, my Sirius radio app is working flawless on this build. If that helps narrow down why it didn't work on the last two builds. Thanks so much, appreciate the time and effort. No need to upgrade from the og, when this miui rom is around haha.

Well that is evidence enough for me to keep what I did :) So glad that Sirius is finally working well for you.

Well that is evidence enough for me to keep what I did :) So glad that Sirius is finally working well for you.

it prob was the host file. Thats usually the culprit.

Ya it was just weird that other music streaming apps would run perfectly ... just a phantom bug I guess.

My pictures all coming in as black and white is resolved. Overall smoother... battery isn't great but pretty sure its my kernel that needs adjusting.

Only thing I haven't seen any relief on is browser lag. No matter which browser I use there's always lag and eventual freezes

Overall, I don't really like MIUI. I love the interface, and the icons, and ability for themes.

However, it has problems. It's not all that stable, and it's pretty laggy. Just going through settings, it takes a few seconds to change to a different screen.

Haven't been able to get my home button to work. Not sure what that's about.

Also haven't been able to get the lockscreen to work. When I leave the phone idle and come back to it, it hasn't locked. Turning off the screen doesn't lock the phone either. I can't have that.

Overall, I don't really like MIUI. I love the interface, and the icons, and ability for themes.

However, it has problems. It's not all that stable, and it's pretty laggy. Just going through settings, it takes a few seconds to change to a different screen.

Haven't been able to get my home button to work. Not sure what that's about.

Also haven't been able to get the lockscreen to work. When I leave the phone idle and come back to it, it hasn't locked. Turning off the screen doesn't lock the phone either. I can't have that.

That sounds like issues w/ a flash not going right, data or cache not being wiped properly by the recovery, restoring apps bug, or theme related problem.

I haven't had any stability issues. My phone hasn't rebooted on its own for several weeks. There is an occasional FC, but mostly only when running theme. I can see some noticeable lag when I use a non-stock theme which is why I typically run stock. Some themes look great, but run horrible.

I haven't had any issues w/ the home button or lockscreen, only thing I can think of are what I mentioned above.

I am sorry MIUI isn't working well on your droid. I would suggest running CM7 and see how that does. If that has problems, then MIUI definitely will.

MIUI for me has been fun, then again I like tweaking and messing with my phone. Overall its been as stable or more so than many other roms. Magiman7 and the others (TP etc) are gentleman and do good work. issues, camera start lag, sometimes wake is slow (both probably more my fault than roms) Weird FC's only when I didn't wipe good. (mom warned me about that) Also sometimes it wierds out with restoring apps. Had a few apps think I was no longer rooted, usually uninstall and re install fixed that, restore I am guessing sometimes restores data to either a different area, or with different permissions.

Really were running a build never intended for OG with items needing more ram, more processor and new shiny equipment, and for the most part gettin R dun.

Props to the Dev's all of you!

What's up with this msg " it may be risky that Google voice is requesting permissions to receive SMS." I'm always allowing it, but keeps poping up. How do I get rid of it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

What's up with this msg " it may be risky that Google voice is requesting permissions to receive SMS." I'm always allowing it, but keeps poping up. How do I get rid of it?

MIUI added fine grained permissions in their super user app. This is similar to what is in CM7, but implemented in a different way. If you open Super User, you will see a list of apps. Click on GV and give it permission "always" instead of "ask every time"

Weird app icons randomly dissapear or get hidden behind other icons. Moved icons go back to where they started. Not all icon just some. Really wipe and really install no change. Fix permissions made no difference either. Any ideas? Gmail, heytell and the cm7 camera app are the ones I notice the most. Also alot of double icons and you can't remove one without uninstalling both and reinstall brings both back.

Weird app icons randomly dissapear or get hidden behind other icons. Moved icons go back to where they started. Not all icon just some...

Had a similar problem that I was attributing to MIUI Backup...when I did a Restore > Desktop Screens, it went all screwy. Nothing was in the right place - rewiped, reinstall and same thing - still wrong. I did notice that some of the desktop screens seemed correct (or close) but screen itself was in the wrong place (ie all the icons on a specific page were in the right place but the page itself was in the 4th position instead of the first for example). It was only after putting things in order that I noticed the duplicate icons.

No deal breakers here - actually, somewhat amusing. I just created a folder to hold my duplicates. I was looking for the apks to see if there were duplicates or different possibly different versions of the same program (???) loaded, but can't seem to find them for the ones that there are duplicates of - perhaps where the issue is arising (i.e. Navigator has two desktop icons, but is not appearing in Settings > Programs > Manage Apps > All or by looking in /system/app) in the file system. Where o' where are they hiding???

All together running well and quite snappy! Thanks as usual!

Last edited:
My pictures all coming in as black and white is resolved. Overall smoother... battery isn't great but pretty sure its my kernel that needs adjusting.

Only thing I haven't seen any relief on is browser lag. No matter which browser I use there's always lag and eventual freezes

I thought u had given up on gingy? LOL.... your just a fellow flashing addict, you can't get off the juice.

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

Back