Mobile Hotspot Hack

sweatystallion

Reaction score
This is my first registered post here. Although I am new here, I am not new to hacks (just haven't had the time to register).

So I recently rooted my Bionic, and soon came to find out that tethering apps such as Barnicale, don't work as they did on my former Droid 2. So I read somewhere about SQL editor. I downloaded it and set the entitlement check for hotspot to 0 which did, in fact, allow my mobile hotspot app to work. Once a device connects to the hotspot after obtaining an IP successfully, it seems to drop the IP and of course internet access. Other Wifi Tether Apps still do not work. I have tried everything I can think of to keep the mobile hotspot connected.

And on a side note, if I am using the mobile hotspot app for a long time, or turning it on and off, I get random reboots.

Is anyone else having issues? Does anyone know a work around to get my device to tether without using PDAnet? (I want to surf secure sites as well)

Thanks! :hail:

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
There is no need for PDAnet, the bionic comes with usb tethering right out of the box. As for wi-fi, google wi-fi tethering app beta-11, That works

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
No need to root or hack anything with a Foxfi hotspot

kamisan

Reaction score
foxifi is supposed to be good or use sql lite to edit the stock mobile hotspot app database. all other mobile hotspot from the app store or that i have seen are ad hoc which means tablets usually will not link up to them. . ad hoc is not a complete routing solution for wifi.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

sweatystallion

Reaction score
OK so I am still having the same issue. I have used SQL Lite to edit the entitlement and even changed my IP, SM, and gateway (on my laptop) to match the settings in Mobile Hotspot SQL edit functions. I get a stable connection with no errors and it says internet access. Even with a static IP I just can't get out. It also does the same with USB tether. I have tried Foxfi and wifi tether beta 11 with the same results. I can not find anything in SQL Lite that I can change that will get it to work more than 5 minutes. I have tried multiple laptops. Same result. AArrrgh!!! lol

grgguy

Reaction score
Yeah I am rooted. And SU request shows that app listed

When you turn the the app on do you see su permission granted ,it should flash a small blue box and then the app will begin to transmit? If not, unistall the app and reinstall .....Maybe even spf back and start fresh. Something isn't right .