More home screens?

An APK is an application you download onto your computer - then move it to your phone using Astro (free on market) to install it. Then it's just like a normal program you got off the market.

You don't need to root or anything to use these since the developers make them specifically for anyone to use.

So hopefully 2.1 will add more screens. But if not, download the APK form Android Central? Whats an APK tho?

It would be cool if there was an app that just added a couple screens without all the home replacement crap added onto it. That way it would be snappy like the original.

I've been running Home++ on mine for a couple weeks now, really like the ease of use and seems to be running fine - only had 2 FC, both in the first day - but i hadn't removed widgets from the original home screen. After doing that, no more FC. YMMV

The launcher from 2.1 is buggy as hell - don't bother yet until 2.1 is officially out and then they will have it for us.
Smooth as silk on my Droid.

You must not use your phone much or have zero apps installed which makes the phone useless. Everyone on here says it's slower than the standard home even the devs.

The launcher from 2.1 is buggy as hell - don't bother yet until 2.1 is officially out and then they will have it for us.
Smooth as silk on my Droid.

You must not use your phone much or have zero apps installed which makes the phone useless. Everyone on here says it's slower than the standard home even the devs.
I guess it's hard to define what "much" means. I'd say I'm a pretty normal user, phone, text, internet, email, nav, a few other third party apps here and there, all daily. Like I said, smooth as silk. Maybe I'm just lucky. I get no lag and no FCs. If you sit on your phone all day and log every hiccup then I guess you wouldn't be happy with it. However, even when the phone is stock as stock can be, it still has it's laggy moments.

Back