Moto Z Play Tumi Wireless Charger trouble

Hengey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Moto Z Play
Bought the Tumi wireless charger mod new with my new Moto Z Play last week. It charged fine wirelessly for a few days, then one night it stopped charging wirelessly overnight. I have since tried it on different charging pads and charging cables. No more wireless charging...any ideas? Thanks

If you put the battery only on a wireless charger by itself, does it charge? My Incipio battery mod has a green light that will illuminate to let me know the battery is charging on a wireless charger, when not connected to my phone. Does the Tumi have the same thing?

If the battery charges when not connected to the phone, you might have a software issue within your phone. If the battery does not charge at all, on the phone or off the phone, you might have a hardware failure within the battery Mod.

Edit: Welcome to DF.Net!

Thanks for replying!

My battery mod does not charge on its own.

It sounds like an internal failure. There should be a warranty for the battery Mod (I would think so at least). I would contact the store where you bought it and request a warranty replacement battery Mod.

can you return tumi and get incipio instead? incipio is $10 cheaper on amazon and you can get it in either black or white.

Hengey, I use a Mophie Juice Pack on my Moto Z and it will charge separately from the phone. However, it is not a wireless charger so maybe you should do more research before you discard your Tumi charger as a unreliable device. In my opinion, reliability for battery charging is far more important than pricing these days.

Back