Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

razr-launch-date-600x450.jpg

Thanks to Droid-Life, we now have a confirmed date of Nov. 10th for the launch of the DROID RAZR. The RAZR will be $299 on new 2-year contract or $649 at full retail. It packs a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 4.3″ Super AMOLED Advanced display, is the thinnest smartphone around at 7.1mm, and 4G LTE speeds on the Verizon network.

Be sure to visit our sister site dedicated to the Motorola Droid RAZR at http://www.razrforums.com

S
ource: Droid-Life

So who's grabbing one of these?

Ill be buying a different phone but if VZW/Motorola was smart they would release this phone in different colors like the old Razrs. "OMG it comes in PINK! I used to have a pink Razr!"

I think it would sell rather well.

Ill be buying a different phone but if VZW/Motorola was smart they would release this phone in different colors like the old Razrs. "OMG it comes in PINK! I used to have a pink Razr!"

I think it would sell rather well.

You getting the Nexus?

Vigor is starting to look good as well. I'm a little disappointed about the potential delay of the nexus. Wanted to get hands on with all 3 b4 I made my decision, but the d1 is on its last legs. Any one of the three will be a huge step up from what I have now.

Vigor is starting to look good as well. I'm a little disappointed about the potential delay of the nexus. Wanted to get hands on with all 3 b4 I made my decision, but the d1 is on its last legs. Any one of the three will be a huge step up from what I have now.

I'm in the same boat - like many, I got mine the 1st day it came out. It now crawls along, stutters and staggers. I've got 3 batteries that I swap out all day if I'm not near power. :blink:

I'm in the same boat - like many, I got mine the 1st day it came out. It now crawls along, stutters and staggers. I've got 3 batteries that I swap out all day if I'm not near power. :blink:

I am also in this boat. I think I am still holding out for the Nexus, but if there isn't an official announcement regarding the release date soon I might cave and get the Razr. I've been saving a little extra money over the past few months in anticipation of my upgrade, and I don't know how much longer I can hold out. The battery on my OG Droid is fine, but it is almost unbearably slow. My wife has the TB and I am always in awe of how responsive her phone is compared to mine.

I am also in this boat. I think I am still holding out for the Nexus, but if there isn't an official announcement regarding the release date soon I might cave and get the Razr. I've been saving a little extra money over the past few months in anticipation of my upgrade, and I don't know how much longer I can hold out. The battery on my OG Droid is fine, but it is almost unbearably slow. My wife has the TB and I am always in awe of how responsive her phone is compared to mine.

Thank goodness it isn't just me. Even though I have added very few apps lately and have deleted even more, my phone now crawls at times. The power button is busted and I need to press it in just right to get it to work. Can't wait for a new phone in the next month or so.

Think I'm going to stick with my bolt for now, and see what comes around next fall unless my bolt somehow gets damaged or takes a ****.

If only they would de-crypt the bootloader....

While I would love to have the Razr rooted and rommed, I think I'll be ok if it doesn't happen though because the biggest reason I wanted the code cracked before was to get rid of bloatware so my d1 wouldn't lag so much. Whatever I upgrade to will Have 4 times the memory and a much better dual core processor, a much better screen, 4g and the list goes on and on. Hopefully they can crack it, but if they don't it will be like going from Flintstones to the Jetsons for me (showing my age again).

Thank goodness it isn't just me. Even though I have added very few apps lately and have deleted even more, my phone now crawls at times. The power button is busted and I need to press it in just right to get it to work. Can't wait for a new phone in the next month or so.

I'm sorry you guys are having such issues with your OGs, mine luckily is running faster / cooler than ever. Patiently waiting for the nexus no matter how long it takes.

Back