Motorola LTE Handset Appears With qHD Super AMOLED Display

So between: This, the Nexus Prime, HTC Vigor, and the other rumored devices and next rumored devices I am at a standstill. Maybe I'll just buy every single new LTE phone and just switch between then day to day...-.-

There was a delay and some issues with getting devices to be LTE. Personally I don't think manufacturers were that interested in coming out with high-end 3G phones knowing most of the nation would have and want LTE by the end of the year (what is it, like 90% of customers are covered now?)

I never thought I'd say it about a cellphone, but that thing is pretty sexy.

There was a delay and some issues with getting devices to be LTE. Personally I don't think manufacturers were that interested in coming out with high-end 3G phones knowing most of the nation would have and want LTE by the end of the year (what is it, like 90% of customers are covered now?)

I think it's less than 50%...

I think it's less than 50%...

No, it was over 50% months ago....You have to realize that the majority of the population lives in big cities, and VZW has covered some 120+. They were covering almost 1/3 at roll-out to 35 markets or so.

Spyder is the internal codename for the device coming out around the holidays. The name it will be sold under hasn't been determined yet. However, the guys over at HoFo have vsaid that it won't be called the HD. Right now, looks like Droid Razr might be the front runner. Either way, it's only one device we're talking about....

This is a sexy looking device! But, just a word of caution - the HoFo guys have also said that the units given to testers do not reflect the form factor, either. In other words, Moto is keeping a tight lid on this device. So, even if these are pics of an actual test device, word is that the phone won't look like this when released. I'm still hoping that we'll end up with a form factor like those leaked pics on PocketNow a while back for the Zaha and Slimline

Last edited:
Looks very nice, if it ends up being the phone. Sick of the little lip on the bottom that Moto has on the original droids and on the bionic.

I think I'm coming to the conclusion that the Bionic will set me up pretty nice for close to 20 months. Seems like the pentile-hate is probably a bit overrated, and actually seems like a big plus to be able to see the screen in sunlight. And eventhough Webtop might be kind of a gimmick right now, in 6 months that could be worth something as well (although, we'll see if Google has any interest in that and my bet is Webtop gets killed).

A little faster processor and better display would be nice, but I'm not sure that really has any value to me. Camera seems to be maybe the only legit reason to hold off on the Bionic, especially since it's been rooted and custom roms are on their way.

I'll be jealous if it comes out soon. (then haggle with family members to give up their upgrade :)

Probably will be pushed back to next year around this time. :p

As it is, damn nice looking phone. Good shape. Although I know it may change, I really like the glowing Moto logo on the front. I dig the look of the new capacitive buttons. Moto's current buttons look ridiculous next to an HTC or Samsung device. It's really a shame they're not planning ahead for ICS in terms of hardware. Unfortunate this may speak to the timeline for this device to receive it. Also glad Moto learned from the Bionic/D3/X2 screen debacle. Moto is definetly moving in the right direction with their phones. This is what most of us were hoping the Bionic would be...

Last edited:
As it is, damn nice looking phone. Good shape. Although I know it may change, I really like the glowing Moto logo on the front. I dig the look of the new capacitive buttons. Moto's current buttons look ridiculous next to an HTC or Samsung device. It's really a shame they're not planning ahead for ICS in terms of hardware. Unfortunate this may speak to the timeline for this device to receive it. Also glad Moto learned from the Bionic/D3/X2 screen debacle. Moto is definetly moving in the right direction with their phones. This is what most of us were hoping the Bionic would be...

I don't think the logo is glowing, more just silk-screened onto brushed aluminum. Still looks good though. This rendering is likely quite old and will not even be close by the time it comes out so the capacitive buttons may change to the ugly current style or even go away. As for planning for ICS, we have only speculation that the capacitive buttons will be eliminated on phones with ICS. The only "test devices" running ICS still have capacitive buttons on them, so who knows if it will happen or not.

Anyway, if it even looks close to this good and has the specs to match, consider it mine.

Back