my son got the iPhone 4s this am and siri is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantom557

Reaction score
it funny i sold my iPhone for the droid bionic and i love this phone. my son got the iPhone 4s and i was playing with siri and omg its great you can ask it anything. i know droid has the voice stuff but its not like siri. maybe i am wrong and these is an app like siri for the droid but i must say apple did a great job with it. but siri won't get me to switch back to apple now. i just wanted to let you all know that siri is a great feature but not enough for those who want to switch stay with the droid guys!

We've had voice command apps on android for a while now but I never really used them... like Vlingo for instance.

fantom557: Tell Siri "I love you" and see what she says back. I saw a funny video the other day on youtube...

LOL, friend of mine, long time iPhone user just had this to say:

SIRI is as expected, a big turd. When will people learn that this stuff is worthless? The thing can't recognize a request to look up a name in the address book. Just because you put lipstick on it, its still a pig so don't believe calling it SIRI will make any difference from the old broken recognition that made you laugh at its pathetic inabilities.

Pissed? naw, just a but miffed at myself for expecting something better.

Siri aside, most other "advanced features" in the iPhone 4S are copied from Android. My wife just did the OS update on her iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and is so excited about having a drop down with notifications... Apple use to be a leader and now is undoubtedly a Follower.

my son just got a text and all he had to do is put the phone to his ear and say the answer and it did it no buttons to press very cool feature.

my son just got a text and all he had to do is put the phone to his ear and say the answer and it did it no buttons to press very cool feature.

Don't want to knock it as I never tried it, but isn't the whole point so you don't have to pick up the phone in the first place?

Android has a similar app, Jarvis is a popular one, but I never used it. Most of the time I'm in the car with other people and my text messages really aren't any of their business.

Siri seems like a good idea, but these voice command apps/software don't work nearly as well as shown in the promotion videos. Now that it's finally on iOS, maybe other developers will step their game up and make better voice command apps.

I actually hired someone who works for me 24 hours a day, anytime I have a question I just ask him and he finds the answer for me. His name is John but I like to call him Chi-Chi, I think it fits him better. It does get a little awkward when I have to take him around with me to work and on dates though. But overall I think it was a sound investment.

I actually hired someone who works for me 24 hours a day, anytime I have a question I just ask him and he finds the answer for me. His name is John but I like to call him Chi-Chi, I think it fits him better. It does get a little awkward when I have to take him around with me to work and on dates though. But overall I think it was a sound investment.

I mean unless you can incorporate john into the rebel I'd say you're just boasting

My friend also got the new iPhone 4s..

The difference Siri has versus Vlingo, Jarvis, Speaktoit, and Voice Actions(app) is that it seems to understand words better and process them better, and with a more wide range of replies. It is pretty damn cool not needing to touch the phone. But nonetheless, still a gimmick I can't see people sticking to after the hype dies down.

My friend also got the new iPhone 4s..

The difference Siri has versus Vlingo, Jarvis, Speaktoit, and Voice Actions(app) is that it seems to understand words better and process them better, and with a more wide range of replies. It is pretty damn cool not needing to touch the phone. But nonetheless, still a gimmick I can't see people sticking to after the hype dies down.
lets see it work in nyc with all the traffic and guess what i got board of it there is something about using your fingers.

The op makes a good point though. Yeah Text to speak may be a gimmick but the ones on android needs work. I dont know how many times I say something and it types something else. After 3 times I get frustrated because I spent more time fighting with it then I would if I had typed it out. Hopefully the android hacking community can take what ever apple is doing to make it work and incorporate it in android.

Okay sweet I can talk to my iphone... how about apple works on their data speeds before they work on something that doesnt really matter...

Sure it's pretty cool but a smartphone with bad data speeds is nothing more than a bad smartphone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Okay correction I know apple cant actually work on their data speeds what I mean is about working on getting a 4 g radio in one of their phones...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back