NEED HELP ASAP!! Goes to boot screen only

Yeah I changed my pants while it booted. All is good now. So this is an issue with the latest Clockwork? Don't try flashing anything?

Erase boot. Then restore a nandroid. Some of the themes on ROM Manager are acting up with the new 5.0.6.1 and recovery,.

Yeah I changed my pants while it booted. All is good now. So this is an issue with the latest Clockwork? Don't try flashing anything?

Latest Clockwork is fine. Some of the "partial" themes are not playing nice with the new recovery and ROM. I am talking to their developers to get them to distribute full ROMs.

K dude calm down (I know it's hard I was tripping out hardcore too) I was just in the IRC chat they said it's because update.zip won't work anymore I know how to fix it though

go into clockwork and under partitions hit format boot and then format system

do a wipe of data and cache for good measure (I did) and then try a nandroid backup. Should work, that's what I did and that seems to be the fix

I purchased and install Rom Manager Friday so I do not have much experience with it.

When I open RM I see:
Flash Clockwork recovery
Reboot into recovery
Install Rom from SD card
Download Rom
Check for Rom updates
Manage and Restore backups
backup current rom
Fix Permissions
Partition SD card
Flash alternative Recovery
All ClockworkMod recoveries.
Can you please tell me where I find Clockwork and partitions?

Mike

Use reboot into Recovery to get into ClockworkMod Recovery.

K dude calm down (I know it's hard I was tripping out hardcore too) I was just in the IRC chat they said it's because update.zip won't work anymore I know how to fix it though

go into clockwork and under partitions hit format boot and then format system

do a wipe of data and cache for good measure (I did) and then try a nandroid backup. Should work, that's what I did and that seems to be the fix

I purchased and install Rom Manager Friday so I do not have much experience with it.

When I open RM I see:
Flash Clockwork recovery
Reboot into recovery
Install Rom from SD card
Download Rom
Check for Rom updates
backup current rom
Fix Permissions
Partition SD card

Mike

assuming you flash clockwork which you'll have to use RM on boot up you hold the X key and it takes you into clockwork recovery.

Clockwork replaces SPRecovery if you're familiar with that. There is a partitions menus in that and the options I listed

Latest Clockwork is fine. Some of the "partial" themes are not playing nice with the new recovery and ROM. I am talking to their developers to get them to distribute full ROMs.
Ok cool

When I open RM I see:
Flash Clockwork recovery
Reboot into recovery
Install Rom from SD card
Download Rom
Check for Rom updates
backup current rom
Fix Permissions
Partition SD card

Mike
Choose "Reboot into recovery" or boot your phone holding X and it will take you to Clockwork Recovery. From there you can get to the partitions menu.

Edit: Too slow :( But you only need to do this wipe if you get the issue that was in the OP.

Use reboot into Recovery to get into ClockworkMod Recovery.

Thanks! I've not had a reason to tap recovery so that explains why I could not locate.

I've marked this link for future reference and assistance

Mike

Just found a new issue: using the newest clockwork recovery: when i try to reboot into recovery (1.8.1.2), the phone stays on the M logo and just sits there. Have to do a battery pull to reboot phone. Everything else works fine...any suggestions?

charlie

problem solved...flashed spr recovery then reflashed clockwork...

problem solved...flashed spr recovery then reflashed clockwork...

I've tried this twice and I cant make it work. .0.8 works great, but .1.2 seems to hate me. Sorry to thread hijack, but anyone have any ideas?

Back