New Droid4 replacing wifes 3 . Wish me luck.

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
Picking up a NEW D4 still in plastic /never activated for $160.00 w/ OEM car and wall charger- accessories
Person got as a gift last week, problem he has ATT.
My wife cant deal with a virtual KB (even an S4 !) ..after all the years on a BB and then D3.

Has 4.1.2 from the factory and never activated.
Could not pa$$ it up @ this distressed sale.
They still offer this on My VZW as an 2 yr./ upgrade device, for 100 bucks.
Some people must really lust after that "last of the keyboard MOTO's".

4LTE /bigger screen/back lighted keys/ Voice search/Google now/ Faster HW and SW,...hard to pass up.

Extremely hard to find New/Used D4's on Craigs or Ebay that are not ragged or under 300 bucks.
Plus we keep the line's UL data for the foreseeable future. I wonder if a new from factory,D4 device with 4.1.2 OE installed, has the little PIA issues ?still present?

Last edited:
PIA issues? What do you mean?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

She'll love it. It's much much much better than the Droid 3 (I have one of those as well) primarily because of the extra memory, better keyboard and newer OS (JB vs GB).

This has been my favorite out of the three (Droid, Droid 3, Droid 4) that I've had.....I still prefer physical keyboard phones as well.

PIA issues? What do you mean?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the KB warts.. like shift key. And I know its going to take some tweaking ( by me) to approach acceptable battery management.

What is up with these asterisks and dashes? By any chance, do you have OCD?

What is up with these asterisks and dashes? By any chance, do you have OCD?

Why******DO-U*****ASK******?

Mission accomplished.. & thanx for the sage input and positive contribution on the posts' subject matter.

Its member's such as yourself that makes this insignificant blog such a great research and social experience.
:p

Last edited:
I think she'll love it, they're good phones. Mine has been good to me. I also came from a D3.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Why******DO-U*****ASK******?

Mission accomplished.. & thanx for the sage input and positive contribution on the posts' subject matter.

Its member's such as yourself that makes this insignificant blog such a great research and social experience.:p

Yes, posters like me with a track record of such. I make this forum a better place. I have a D4 as well and i'm sure your wife will love it. I'm sure you'll be aware if you get it, the issue about the jellybean update and the keyboard. With the way you typed it, you might have it as well. Swiftkey works if your wife gets the bug.

As for the OCD thing, I hope I didn't offend you, but I have a feeling I did. Sorry for that :p. I personally developed some kind of an OCD then and was just honestly wanted to know. That is all.

Yes, posters like me with a track record of such. I make this forum a better place. I have a D4 as well and i'm sure your wife will love it. I'm sure you'll be aware if you get it, the issue about the jellybean update and the keyboard. With the way you typed it, you might have it as well. Swiftkey works if your wife gets the bug.

As for the OCD thing, I hope I didn't offend you, but I have a feeling I did. Sorry for that :p. I personally developed some kind of an OCD then and was just honestly wanted to know. That is all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No offense. Thick skin here. Actually my PC keyboard space bar was typing *'s all the time. Did not notice till your sage observation. in recycling now.. new one is OCDing away. BTW Swift key is the best APP I've ever ..always used.

ACTIVATED-no issues and Wife loves (back-lit keyboard) it..(so far!)....Justifiably a little hard for me to set things ..coming from LG's and HTC droid version of SW.

Renders a bit quicker than My Rezound.. I would miss the easy sleep mode..HTC sense easier to customize the HomeScreen shortcuts / and toggles for WiFi and mobile functions.

Installed this too:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...d=12993&accessoryId=50279&initialPhoneId=5845

Q.
I have CDMA/LTE checked .. is Global relevant within the USA.. on the settings? I have never used that option.

Did Save my upgrade for the Google's Moto X phone coming Aug. 1? at least.

Last edited:
Not sure, I don't think the global setting is needed in the US. I also have the cdma/lte setting checked.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Back