Newb HELP!

Ok here is the link for the stock GB update.
Official Gingerbread for the Droid X2 - 2.3.3/4.5.1A-DTN-117-15 (Rooted)

It also has instructions for the pre-rooted GB but follow the other link I posted for that because the other link has a more detailed instructions.

Oh also one last thing when it says rename the .zip to "update.zip" rename it to "update" (without quotation marks) only. the .zip gets placed automatically most of the time.

Ok, What you do is, with the power off, hold the power and volume down keys until you see the words fastboot near the top. Now keep pressing volume down key until you see android recovery then press volume up key to select it.

ok so im in android recovery and all i see is a android with a triangle. Where do I press "install update?"

ok so im in android recovery and all i see is a android with a triangle. Where do I press "install update?"

press vol up and down at same time
use vol buttons to navigate menu, power button is the OK button

wow thats easy ok thank you. Now what button functions as the yes button? Power/?

Ok so it was the power button. ANOTHER QUESTION, SORRY GUYS... I clicked download it did a few things then it said installation aborted?? Any ideas?

it says when i press apply. Verifying update package. E: failed to verify whole-file signature. Signature verification failed. installation aborted

Lol im just throwing poop at the wall and seeing if it sticks, I've had problems downloading these types of files with internet explore in the past though

Back