Newb Needs Help With ICS Leak

SupremePeter

Reaction score
Alright I'm just gonna come out and say it. I'm a Newb when it comes to leaks and things like that and I'm really thinking about flashing the ICS leak, but what i'm worried about is going away from the update path. What I wanna do is run the ICS leak until the official OVA comes out then flash back to. 902, upgrade to. 905, then update to the official ICS. Problem is I'm not sure how to flash back to .902 using the FXZ file, im completely clueless. Anyone care to educate me about all of this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have 3 questions.

1. If I flash to. 902 will my internal storage be deleted?

2. Will I have to reinstall the drivers, even if I am un rooted?

3.Can I flash. 902 fxz using recovery mode on my bionic or do I have to use a computer to do it?

Sorry for the trouble, im just so new to all of this and I want to be sure that I will be able to get back on the upgrade path.

I have 3 questions.

1. If I flash to. 902 will my internal storage be deleted?

2. Will I have to reinstall the drivers, even if I am un rooted?

3.Can I flash. 902 fxz using recovery mode on my bionic or do I have to use a computer to do it?

Sorry for the trouble, im just so new to all of this and I want to be sure that I will be able to get back on the upgrade path.

1) depending on which fxz you use, yes it could be deleted.
2)you should install the latest bionic drivers
3)You need a computer to do the FXZ.

You can actually unzip the FXZ and then edit the XML file and take out the line EMSstorage. Just be sure to edit the XML file with an XML editor. Then when you choose the file choose the XML file instead of the tar.gz.
I have done this countless times with Notepad plus plus and had excellent results and my internal or external SD does not get wiped.

Sent from BIONIC rooted with Eclipse 3.0 ROM w/ Webtop hack.

Then I probably won't go through with it, I have a working computer at the moment and I won't for a while. Oh well.. I really wanted ICS right now though

SupremePeter said:
Then I probably won't go through with it, I have a working computer at the moment and I won't for a while. Oh well.. I really wanted ICS right now though

I'm running it right now and I've really haven't had any problems.. its just as/if not more stable than stock .905

Yeah but I want to be back on the upgrade path when the official build is released and I won't be able to do that since I don't have a computer to.do it off of:/

Yeah but I want to be back on the upgrade path when the official build is released and I won't be able to do that since I don't have a computer to.do it off of:/

Once the fast boot file comes out for the OTA version of ICS, you can then get back on the update path without using a computer, I was successful in installing the 2233 update and have never been happier, I now have about 3 hours more battery life, I have noticed a lot of my games NFS:Hot Pursuit now run smoother (Sound works now, was buggy in the 905 OTA), I have yet to have a Data Drop as well, been running this since this morning. With 905 Leaked version I didn't get drops that often, and once OTA came out for 905, I was getting data drops a lot.

Once the fast boot file comes out, just download it onto your bionic using either opera or chrome beta...I had issues with the integrated browser messing up the download or failing to even start the download. Once you finish downloading it, move the file to the root of your SDCard, not Internal Storage. This will allow you to use the stock recovery built into your phone to update it back onto the update path, once the file come available to us.

Last edited:
Once the fast boot file comes out for the OTA version of ICS, you can then get back on the update path without using a computer, I was successful in installing the 2233 update and have never been happier, I now have about 3 hours more battery life, I have noticed a lot of my games NFS:Hot Pursuit now run smoother (Sound works now, was buggy in the 905 OTA), I have yet to have a Data Drop as well, been running this since this morning. With 905 Leaked version I didn't get drops that often, and once OTA came out for 905, I was getting data drops a lot.

So when the official build comes out I'll just be able to get the fastboot file and be back on? That's great news! Does the leak delete anything when you install it?

So when the official build comes out I'll just be able to get the fastboot file and be back on? That's great news! Does the leak delete anything when you install it?

It will remove some of your widgets that are android stock for your GB build, there is no more airplane toggle widget. Other than that everything is still there, I didn't even have to wipe my phone to do this upgrade.

Let me change that, there is an airplane toggle it is just under your notification bar, you pull it down hit settings and it is at the top of that list.

Well I did it and I'm gonna say I couldn't be happier, it looks amazing and it runs so smooth. I'm glad I did it

Although the keyboard does lag a bit whenever I text on it, but other than that its doing great!

I have a question though, a notification keeps popping up telling me to choose my input method whenever I type, is there any way to stop it?

I have a question though, a notification keeps popping up telling me to choose my input method whenever I type, is there any way to stop it?

Not at this monent, I believe this isn't because an input method needs to be selected or configured, but it is a fast way to switch between different keyboards without having to go into settings.

Back