Nexus battery Juiced too quick

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Just had my phone down to 1 percent in target. I shut it off and when I got in the truck with it still powered off I plugged it in. When I turned it on it was at 54 percent less than 10 mins from when I cut It off and plugged it in.

I wouldn't have said any thing but the same thing happened to me yesterday. I had 24 percent rebooted with it plugged in and it jumped to 67 percent. I took a screen shot yesterday.

Is this legit??

I'll post the screen shot later the forums aren't letting me post now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Someone else posted about this a while ago. Someone said they thought maybe battery life was reported based on average usage and rebooting may mess that up somehow. Yes the battery is at a certain voltage but if you don't use the phone it will last much longer than if you are browsing texting etc.

I have noticed that too... that higher % also seems to drain way faster than normal. so I think something isn't reporting correctly

I have noticed that too... that higher % also seems to drain way faster than normal. so I think something isn't reporting correctly

I agree. Drains very quick but its still not like its 1 percent. If it was 1 percent I think it would cut off

I've been noticing this as well. This phone either charges very quickly:) or is not reporting correct voltage as it charges/discharges. It does NOT suffer the same issues that the TBolt and DINC did where a reboot would cause a drop of at least 10 - 15%.

Are you rooted? It might be interesting to wipe the battery stats and run it thru a complete discharge/charge cycle or two...

Are you rooted? It might be interesting to wipe the battery stats and run it thru a complete discharge/charge cycle or two...

I am rooted but how the heck do you wipe battery stats? Thanks

I am rooted but how the heck do you wipe battery stats? Thanks

Charge the phone completely - some recommend disconnecting the charger after it completes, waiting a few minutes, plugging back in, and waiting for it to complete.

Remove /data/system/batterystats.bin - this can be done with Root Explorer, or by booting into ClockworkMod Recovery (if you've installed it).

Reboot. A new batterystats.bin will be created.

Run the phone down until it shuts off.

Charge it completely.

You should be good to go.

Back