No longer connects to WiFi automatically

Took my s4 to the Verizon store to see about the wifi problem. Their tech support person said its not automatically connecting to wifi because I have my mobile data on also. So they turned off my mobile data and sent me on my way. Now I have no data and no wifi! I only get wifi when I manually toggle it off and back on again. What a pain in the b*** this phone is.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Took my s4 to the Verizon store to see about the wifi problem. Their tech support person said its not automatically connecting to wifi because I have my mobile data on also. So they turned off my mobile data and sent me on my way. Now I have no data and no wifi! I only get wifi when I manually toggle it off and back on again. What a pain in the b*** this phone is.

I have Mobile data set to "on" and have no problems with the phone automatically connecting to my WiFi.

Yeah I turn my mobile data back on but still doesn't connect to wifi unless I talk it off and back on again. Did you download the latest update a couple weeks ago? I did and I think that's when the problem started

Yeah I turn my mobile data back on but still doesn't connect to wifi unless I talk it off and back on again. Did you download the latest update a couple weeks ago? I did and I think that's when the problem started

I loaded both of the recent updates, have my 4g and Wifi on, and all is normal. There is apparently some other variable at play.

I agree with you. I'm patiently (or impatiently) waiting for somebody to tell me what that other variable is. The people at the local Verizon store obviously don't have a clue.

I agree with you. I'm patiently (or impatiently) waiting for somebody to tell me what that other variable is. The people at the local Verizon store obviously don't have a clue.

Are you using any data or Wi-Fi toggle widgets? If so try removing it

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

Are you using any data or Wi-Fi toggle widgets? If so try removing it

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Or Juice Defender or any similar power saving apps which fool with the radios. I bet you're not.

Is your Wifi WPA2? The two Wifis I use are WPA2, one is 5GHz N, the other is 2.4GHz G.

Let's see, no I do not use any widget toggles nor juice defender. And I'm not sure about the wifi but this happens to me at home, at work, and at any restaurant or Starbucks so I think it's the phone or a setting.

Let's see, no I do not use any widget toggles nor juice defender. And I'm not sure about the wifi but this happens to me at home, at work, and at any restaurant or Starbucks so I think it's the phone or a setting.

OK, under Wifi settings I have "notify me" unchecked, and "auto connect" checked. Under "about phone" my hardware version is I545.06

Maybe you already answered this, but I presume you are not rooted.

I have both of those checked , and my hardware is the same as yours so I will uncheck the one and give that a try. Thank you so much! I'll post if that enables the wifi to auto connect.

Is there anything under Power Saving Mode under phone settings that could be the culprit? My Tab has Wi-Fi control capability under the PSM settings but my Note8 doesn't is why I ask.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

I just checked, nothing having to do with wifi under the power saving mode

None of the things I have tried have solved the issue. I even have tried the Auto Network Switch under the Advanced screen under WiFi settings, nothing made it possible to automatically connect to known WiFi.

Nothing I've done has worked either and it's really upsetting. I hope a fix comes out soon.

I am having same issue after update.

Anything new on this issue ??

Back