No Picasa SYNC option...

NyCrAzY

Reaction score
Before I say anything, please don't lock this thread because I looked at the sticky regarding 2.1 problems, but couldn't find a fix to it!

Okay... so in my Account & Sync options, I don't see a Picasa SYNC option...

(I updated my Droid via manual update 2.1)

I factory resetted my phone many times and still no fix.

Please help, thank you.

Also... would there be a way to downgrade back to 2.0.1 and wait for the OTA update if that would make any difference?

Hmm...I was gonna give you crap for not searching because there are a LOT of threads on this issue, then I read that you did the factory reset.

From those threads, I thought that was the fix for the issue...Did you also "wipe cache partition" when you did the factory reset?

(Did you select factory reset from the option in the settings menu, or boot into recovery by holding x while powering on?)

There IS a way to go back, but it requires flashing the sbf of 2.0.1, which I've seen several posts on as well...people having problems with getting it to work properly and fearing they've bricked the phone. I haven't every tried that method, so I can't comment on it.

As long as you got the RIGHT update file "2.1-update 1" listed in firmware and ESE81 in the build, you've got the same thing that the ota will give you, although I have noticed that people who manually installed the update tend to be having more problems like this than people who took the ota for the most part...

Hmm...I was gonna give you crap for not searching because there are a LOT of threads on this issue, then I read that you did the factory reset.

From those threads, I thought that was the fix for the issue...Did you also "wipe cache partition" when you did the factory reset?

(Did you select factory reset from the option in the settings menu, or boot into recovery by holding x while powering on?)

There IS a way to go back, but it requires flashing the sbf of 2.0.1, which I've seen several posts on as well...people having problems with getting it to work properly and fearing they've bricked the phone. I haven't every tried that method, so I can't comment on it.

As long as you got the RIGHT update file "2.1-update 1" listed in firmware and ESE81 in the build, you've got the same thing that the ota will give you, although I have noticed that people who manually installed the update tend to be having more problems like this than people who took the ota for the most part...

Hmm, I haven't done the wipe cache partion yet and I set my phone for factory settings both methods and still no luck :S

It's a long-shot and a shot in the dark, but I'd say give wiping the cache partition a try...In the meantime, I'll do what I can to dig-up the instructions on using the SBF to revert to 2.0.1 for you...If you decide that's the route to go...

Also, is your picasa setup as the same gmail address that you use on the phone? I think that was another issue that someone else had...their picasa was setup on a different e-mail address...Just another thought. Flashing the sbf, to me, is a last resort...

Are you looking on the first sync page (general sync settings/Manage Accounts) or are you digging into the account associated with picasa, most likely a gmail account; the picasa sync is located in the email account options, not on the front page of Accounts and Sync.

I don't have the Picasa option either. Is there any way of fixing it without a factory reset? Dont want to loose all my apps and data. BTW I got 2.1 update 1 OTA

I don't have the Picasa option either. Is there any way of fixing it without a factory reset? Dont want to loose all my apps and data. BTW I got 2.1 update 1 OTA

So far, that's the only way I've seen...Not really sure why some people are having this issue and others aren't, but I HAVE read that it's a known issue that some things might not work properly with a Google update.

Some people take an update, and then a certain file/code/etc is messed up and they can't see ANY paid apps in the market.

Not sure if/why resetting the phone fixes the issue, but the OP here HAS reset the phone and is still having the problem...

I'm officially at a loss on this one...

I took the ota and had absolutely no problems with this...But I DID use the apk for a while and I DID run a rom with the official gallery/picasa sync...

I didn't have PICASA after the OTA so did the reset via the SETTINGS > PRIVACY method and not the "START and hold the X" method. I got PICASA to sync and got a sync option under my Google account. I also got EARTH in in the market. I also pulled the SIM before the reset.

Which method did you use?

I didn't have PICASA after the OTA so did the reset via the SETTINGS > PRIVACY method and not the "START and hold the X" method. I got PICASA to sync and got a sync option under my Google account. I also got EARTH in in the market. I also pulled the SIM before the reset.

Which method did you use?

the OP stated in his second post (I think it's #3 in the thread) that he tried both ways of factory resetting...

Again, I'm perplexed that Picasa showed up for some people, and further confused as to why the reset has no only worked for some...

Are you looking on the first sync page (general sync settings/Manage Accounts) or are you digging into the account associated with picasa, most likely a gmail account; the picasa sync is located in the email account options, not on the front page of Accounts and Sync.

I would second this comment. Make sure you are going into the actual Google account, not the main screen where facebook is listed.

Further...did you sign up for a new google account when you activated the phone? It needs to be the same login credentials as your picasa account.

No use to the OP, but anybody else searching for this issue, I waited for the OTA 2.1, soon as I updated, I didn't have Picasa in my sync options. The normal "Factory Data Reset" under the Privacy options in "Settings" worked for me, picasa sync option showed up.

I don't have it either after a factory reset and I got the OTA update. Is there something you need to do on picasa.google.com first?

I don't have it either after a factory reset and I got the OTA update. Is there something you need to do on picasa.google.com first?

Did you reset after the update? I'm assuming you have a picasa account with pictures in it.

Go to the main settings menu, accounts & sync, your google account, and make sure picasa is there and checked...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I refuse to do a factory reset just to view pictures. There needs to be an easier way.

Back