Non nexus issues.

JJDH

Reaction score
So far phone works great, I haven't found any problems that I've read about. the speaker is loud enough, what more can you expect from it. the signal issues have not happened on this phone yet. Device functions really well I actually like the phone a lot better than the motorola. The device is really smooth, I like operating system. There a lot of hiddenand functions. Take all the complaints you read about with a grain of salt not every device has problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Any spelling or word errors disregard. I talked that entire message and the phone typed it. Worked pretty good.

Lol seriously take all the complaints you read with a grain of salt??? R u new to the forums, u must be new the nexus. That's why there's at least 50 threads about how the volume blows and another 50 about signal issues. I have a picture somewhere on these GN forums that has 7 GNs in that pic. They all had volume/signal issues not to mention problems like this ---> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=33b7bf80813aac56&hl=en This is why I had to get rid of mine after 2 of em. All these threads didn't getting made up for nothing.

I'm glad u got a PERFECT working Nexus tho, give it time but not everyone's is perfect I know mine wasn't. I love the phone and hope they fix the issues so I can return but as for now they got some work to do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

So far phone works great, I haven't found any problems that I've read about. the speaker is loud enough, what more can you expect from it. the signal issues have not happened on this phone yet. Device functions really well I actually like the phone a lot better than the motorola. The device is really smooth, I like operating system. There a lot of hiddenand functions. Take all the complaints you read about with a grain of salt not every device has problems.

The nexus is a good device. But the radio issues is not made up. I think its hit or miss. If you have a nexus with out it then you are doing great. But I been through 4 and I can tell you its real. As far as the other stuff yes you can fix it with roms and tweaks. But as of right now those plagued with radio issues have to either keep exchanging until they get a solid device or hope for an update.

Don't take it the wrong way. I am not saying no issues exist. I had to ditch the bionic because of problems with the data switching. Those are real. I have not had that yet with this device. That doesn't mean it can't happen that is why I used the word YET. I am not new to forums so let's keep this discussion impersonal and upfront related to the device. I almost did not get the nexus because of what I read. I am happy that I still gave it a shot. The speaker is not the loudest. Realistically some ringtones are louder than others. This phone definately isn't the loudest but the issue doesn't render the device unusable as perceived. Louder would be better. Simple, some phones are louder than others. So far the data hasn't dropped or got stuck. On my bionic it would have already required a reboot with the usage I have given the phone. This is my experience so far. No need to pick a fight. Just sayin.

I'm lucky enough to not have any issues with mine. The volume is a bit low, but I don't really use the speaker so not a big downside for me.

I'm lucky enough to not have any issues with mine. The volume is a bit low, but I don't really use the speaker so not a big downside for me.

Dsp manager worked better for me than volume plus. in settings change it to large room.

Dsp manager worked better for me than volume plus. in settings change it to large room.
I'll check it out. Though I don't usually find myself in situations where I really need the speaker other than maybe some youtube videos. Thanks PC

I've honestly never used volume+, my speaker has been loud since day one oddly enough. Maybe I have super hearing =P

I don't find the actual speaker to be too bad. I do use volume+ though, primarily for my BT headphones. I ride a motorcycle most of the time with BT headphones, and with the loudness of the bike I can sometime barely make out what song is playing, let alone hear it. Volume+ allows me to jack it up a couple small notches which makes it perfect. Don't really consider it a phone problem though. No phone I've ever had was loud enough. And V+ allows me to individually crank it up (up for BT but not for ringtone), which is a huge +.

Just an addition, the volume + app works on the stock phone. I tried the free and purchased the full. It will increase the volume.

Back