NVIDIA Relaunches the Shield Tablet With a New Lower Price of Just $199

I used my Nexus 7 charger & it struggled to keep up when it got above 50% while I was using it, so I charged it powered of over night.

I also tried my power brick that has a 2.4 amp output & that had a hard time charging it while running too, which is funny, because I swear I read on the specs for the official charger that it maxes out at 2.1.

I've only had mine since yesterday, but I'd be interested in a cheaper alternative that could charge it during use.

It's a 5200mAh battery, so it's gonna take a while to charge if it's very low even with the tablet turned off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Thanks for the reply. I will probably have many more questions as this is the first tablet I've owned. I also have the NVIDIA wireless controller but I haven't even taken it out of the box.

One thing, as with our phones, with the power off and charging, one can check the progress by tapping the on button. I thought it would be the same
with this tablet but every time I tap the button the tablet powers up,

Is there a way to check the charging progress when the phone is off?

Thank you again!

=^.".^=

I had the same issue when charging mine last night. When I first plugged it in while off, it showed a battery charging indicator type thing, but tapping the button even quickly turned it all the way on. My Nexus 7 did the phone thing of showing how much charge it had.

This is technically the 4th tablet I've owned, but like I said, I JUST got this one yesterday.

I may be hitting YOU up for advice with the controller down the road. I didn't grab one this time because I was trying to be frugal, but I'd really like one, so I'm sure I'll end up with one sooner than later.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I had the same issue when charging mine last night. When I first plugged it in while off, it showed a battery charging indicator type thing, but tapping the button even quickly turned it all the way on. My Nexus 7 did the phone thing of showing how much charge it had.

This is technically the 4th tablet I've owned, but like I said, I JUST got this one yesterday.

I may be hitting YOU up for advice with the controller down the road. I didn't grab one this time because I was trying to be frugal, but I'd really like one, so I'm sure I'll end up with one sooner than later.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I've gone through the steps to connect my controller and now I'm just waiting. 15 minutes so far and all I'm seeing is

"Controller found and connecting" with a spinning buffer.

FIFTEEN MINUTES?!!!!!!!

A couple of comments about this tablet.

The on / off button is too flush. I would like it protruding a little more.

This battery takes a while to fully charge and drains quicker than I like.

I enjoy "World of Tanks- BLITZ" game but playing it on this tablet, I have an issue.

At the start of battle there is a 4 second count down then a radio voice commanding, "MOVE OUT!" But on this tablet, for some reason, when play starts you are all ready 10 seconds into the battle. I don't like that.

=^.".^=

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I've downloaded the Clean master Boost and App lock and
use the Battery saver tool. It gives a battery charging gauge
that you can see when the tablet is in sleep mode but not
when the tab is off.

>"<

This machine is a battery eating monster. Sucks power fast and takes long to recharge. I mostly use if for my app, "World of Tanks Blitz" and while
playing, with it plugged into the charger, it drains power like my droid turbo
playing this game right off the battery.

I dreamed The Walking Dead on mine the other day & it are up battery, but not super crazy. Hopefully doze & other Marshmallow battery improvements will come soon.

I'm not convinced we've got proper chargers though. I'm wondering if the official charger would keep up with use.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I dreamed The Walking Dead on mine the other day & it are up battery, but not super crazy. Hopefully doze & other Marshmallow battery improvements will come soon.

I'm not convinced we've got proper chargers though. I'm wondering if the official charger would keep up with use.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

That was my thought also. I use the charger that I have for my turbo. I was thinking of ordering the charger for this tablet and finding out. I have so many chargers laying around though, would be a shame to just waste money on another. I also picked up the tablet cover. It adds to thickness of course so I remove it for game play.

Maybe I'll order that charger.

That was my thought also. I use the charger that I have for my turbo. I was thinking of ordering the charger for this tablet and finding out. I have so many chargers laying around though, would be a shame to just waste money on another. I also picked up the tablet cover. It adds to thickness of course so I remove it for game play.

Maybe I'll order that charger.

Charger out of stock at amazon. Will have to wait

I had this baby in sleep/ hibernation whatever you want to call it, for about 8 hours and plugged into charger. 30% to 78% now. This is unacceptable to me. Actually quite ridiculous. ,

Maybe they want you to buy 2 or 3 tablets and use a rotation system.

Back