official 4.04 information pdf

[COLOR=rgb(20.000000%, 20.000000%, 20.000000%)]SOFTWARE UPDATE [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(100.000000%, 0.000000%, 5.000000%)]GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GALAXY NEXUS BY SAMSUNG. [/COLOR]

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, IMM76K, for your Galaxy Nexus by Samsung.
Verizon Wireless and Samsung encourage you to download this update.
Email, Messaging & Data

• + Email messages will display properly when the text size is set to large.
  • + When sending a multimedia message to an Outlook email address, the file extension will send, allowing the recipient to successfully open an image.
  • + Successfully deleted emails on the device will be deleted from the desktop as well.
  • + Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
    Applications
    + When viewing a Calendar reminder or appointment, you will now be able to view the full notes associated with the appointment.
    + A down arrow has been added in the Calendar application that will expand the calendar message body, allowing you to view the entire message.
    Device Features
    + Successfully turn on Wi-Fi using the Power Control widget.
    + Updates have been made to prevent the display from freezing or becoming unresponsive.
    + Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and one-way audio noises. + Succesfully access Voicemail and other automated systems without error.

[COLOR=rgb(100.000000%, 0.000000%, 5.000000%)]For step-by-step instructions on how to perform the download, please visit [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(100.000000%, 0.000000%, 5.000000%)]verizonwireless.com/galaxynexussupport [/COLOR]

Galaxy Nexus by Samsung

Yeah they should just got to the point
"improves the dreaded data issues and improves speed"

But I like how they down played the connection issues.
+ Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
Applications

WTH

Email, Messaging & Data+ Email messages will display properly when the text size is set to large.
+ When sending a multimedia message to an Outlook email address, the file extension
will send, allowing the recipient to successfully open an image.
+ Successfully deleted emails on the device will be deleted from the desktop as well.
+ Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
Applications
+ When viewing a Calendar reminder or appointment, you will now be able to view the full
notes associated with the appointment.
+ A down arrow has been added in the Calendar application that will expand the calendar
message body, allowing you to view the entire message.
Device Features
+ Successfully turn on Wi-Fi using the Power Control widget.
+ Updates have been made to prevent the display from freezing or becoming unresponsive.
+ Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and one-way audio noises.
+ Succesfully access Voicemail and other automated systems without error.

I never had any of these issues, except maybe texting, but I figured out that I should either text when I have no signal, or when I have a signal, not when the device is trying to find a signal. Other than that, non of the above "issues" I have...issue with.

This is what I would like though:

1. Ability to select 4G only mode (as opposed to 3G/4G or 3G only)
2. Improved reception
3. Improved battery life

man my phone is choppy when I am talking to people and Im already on 4.0.4....

ummm...when VZW say "soon" they mean just before Jelly Bean rolls out on the new phones. LOL

i felt like this question has been asked before, does it matter if your unlocked/rooted to get the update? aka do we have to relock/unroot the phone again to update it when it comes out?

When will Droid bionic get the update?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Quarter 3 is what moto is saying

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Droid Bionic - what's that? I've heard of the RAZR, The RAZR MAXX, the RAZR MAXX HD, but I seem to forget the Bionic... oh yeah that was the flagship phone for 3 weeks.

i felt like this question has been asked before, does it matter if your unlocked/rooted to get the update? aka do we have to relock/unroot the phone again to update it when it comes out?

No. You don't have to relock the boot loader and you can be rooted, but you'll lose root.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've got an all stock unrooted/unlocked GN and just got the 4.04 OTA update. Will the Wugs root kit work on my phone now after the update or will it have to be reworked for the updated phones? I've held off rooting awaiting this update and am pretty much underwhelmed. I doubt I live long enough for the next update.... if it comes at all and will probably be as uninspiring as this one. I see no great huge improvements..... as payment for my patience.

I've got an all stock unrooted/unlocked GN and just got the 4.04 OTA update. Will the Wugs root kit work on my phone now after the update or will it have to be reworked for the updated phones? I've held off rooting awaiting this update and am pretty much underwhelmed. I doubt I live long enough for the next update.... if it comes at all and will probably be as uninspiring as this one. I see no great huge improvements..... as payment for my patience.

Come on jetman,don't be like that.Is your signal and battery life better?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back