Officially making the jump from Nexus to Rezound!

kimintenn

Reaction score
Well, I finally made my decision and returned the Nexus today.. I decided I couldn't go two years with signal issues and I wasn't willing to wait until March to see if the upgrade fixes it. My Rezound will be here in the morning. I am really looking forward to a better signal, better camera and better call quality! The main two things I'm going to miss are the oleophobic screen and the lack of bloatware on the Nexus.

I am not ready to root so I think I'm going to try Launcher Pro for now. I've never used a launcher but I think I remember reading that you can get an ICS theme and with that you can hide all of the icons that you don't want to see. Unfortunately they'll still be running in the background, but at least I won't have to look at them. Is Launcher Pro pretty easy to install and configure? Any tips on using it?

I'm going to try going without a screen protector but if the finger prints are as bad as they were with my OG Droid I may have to try to find an oleophobic screen protector!

I had purchased a Diztronic case for my Nexus and absolutely loved it (and the $9 price) so I think I'm going to try to buy one of those for the Rezound and hope it looks as good. You could barely tell it was there on the Nexus and didn't bulk it up like a lot of cases do.

I made the move from the nexus to the razr and i couldn't be happier and i swapped for the same issues no signal and it killed the flagship phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Finger prints suck on a naked screen
I use Go Launcher, tried both Launcher Pro and ADW beforehand and found Go to be my favorite. It's like a combo of the best of LP and ADW combined in 1

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Finger prints suck on a naked screen
I use Go Launcher, tried both Launcher Pro and ADW beforehand and found Go to be my favorite. It's like a combo of the best of LP and ADW combined in 1

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Which screen protector do you use? I've been reading old threads and can't seem to figure out what the current favorite is.

So, is installing and uninstalling a launcher as easy as uninstalling/installing any other app? I'd like to try the different ones out too... Thanks for the tip about Go Launcer!

Check out the Halo screen protectors on Amazon. Great quality for the money!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Which screen protector do you use? I've been reading old threads and can't seem to figure out what the current favorite is.

So, is installing and uninstalling a launcher as easy as uninstalling/installing any other app? I'd like to try the different ones out too... Thanks for the tip about Go Launcer!

Yes they are easy to install. I'd suggest don't set either as the default at first until you get comfortable with the new launcher.
I'm not running a screen protector,I just use my shirt and spit like I did on my Incredible. I spend a lot of time outside with the phone so the haze is why I find it annoying to have prints and smudges

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Welcome aboard. I switched for the same reason, no signal and really bad GPS. The Rezound is a much better phone. The Nexus is over-hyped and poorly made.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody! I have my new Rezound in hand and the signal strength and call quality is sooo much better. I had signal strength of -57 today and the best I ever had with the Nexus was -99, but usually it was -110 or so. I'm glad I switched. Now if I could just figure out Sense. I've only had the OG Droid and the Nexus so this software is going to take a while to get used to.

I'm running the Senseless rom, but it doesn't totally remove/disable Sense. Still a step-up. Thinking of re-flashing the stock ruu and then running the de-sense and de-bloat mods.

Also have hacked the "old" gmail and email apps so my Pure Messenger widget will work (doesn't with the stepped-up security in ICS, and the developer hasn't gotten to a work-around yet).

Still debating if I want to keep my Otterbox Defender case. I do like its rugged-ness, but it is a bit awkard going in and out of a pocket. Also, I don't care for the screen protector on it - doesn't sit perfectly flush which gets annoying.

Any good recs for fingerprint/smudge-less screen protectors? Saw where some people cut-out the Otterbox screen protector and replaced.

I'm running the Senseless rom, but it doesn't totally remove/disable Sense. Still a step-up. Thinking of re-flashing the stock ruu and then running the de-sense and de-bloat mods.

Also have hacked the "old" gmail and email apps so my Pure Messenger widget will work (doesn't with the stepped-up security in ICS, and the developer hasn't gotten to a work-around yet).
SO what happens when Verizon sends out the next major update? Will it brick the phones? LOL

Any good recs for fingerprint/smudge-less screen protectors? Saw where some people cut-out the Otterbox screen protector and replaced.
I'm looking for the same thing in regards to screen protectors. Please post back if you find one you like.

SO what happens when Verizon sends out the next major update? Will it brick the phones? LOL

A) You have to d/l and install the update
B) Most roms disable the phone from even checking for updates
C) Generally it won't brick, but you could lose root and/or unlock.

Back