old pics to new phone

I took mine out of the box, turned it on, took the usb cable from my Droid X, plugged into my windows 7 PC, it found new hardware, installed the drivers, and I started moving files.

Others have trouble with this too but I have yet to read a resolution.

it was just my jackarse laptop that itself has a "free" version of windows 7 on it... I hooked it up to my girls computer and the whole dcim folder from the d1 is transfering into the pictures folder on the nexus
there go some hours ill never get back

it was just my jackarse laptop that itself has a "free" version of windows 7 on it... I hooked it up to my girls computer and the whole dcim folder from the d1 is transfering into the pictures folder on the nexus
there go some hours ill never get back
Sorry I didn't respond in time:frown:

All I did was do the same thing you did, drag and drop. Had my DCIM folder from my Inc on my computer then dragged that onto my Nexus.

Since you did have a "free" version of win7 on it, maybe it wasn't up to date or something?

i still get updates, but I think when i was playing with the registry ( i know i tinker) i deleted something I shouldnt have. In file explorer the explore function doesnt work anymore, so I have to left click/open everything. Ill be getting a new one soon, I just didnt know how bad it really was... makes me wonder how ill get files off this and onto the new one

i still get updates, but I think when i was playing with the registry ( i know i tinker) i deleted something I shouldnt have. In file explorer the explore function doesnt work anymore, so I have to left click/open everything. Ill be getting a new one soon, I just didnt know how bad it really was... makes me wonder how ill get files off this and onto the new one
Better try another device now rather than later when you collect more things. Have you had trouble with any other device? Try another device that uses MTP and see if that'll transfer.

eh, ill cross that bridge when I get to it...lol. Ok, so in the dcim folder there is thumbnails and camera, the thumbnails includes the downloaded stuff... i think i know, get back on my girls comp and to the downloads folder into pictures?

I only have 100Andro and Camera, no thumbnails... Unless that's what shows up on win7, right now I'm looking through a file explorer on my nexus.

thumbnails came from my droid.

My phone will be here Thursday but does it show up in My Computer under "Devices with removable storage" like any other phone? I'm using Windows 7 too.

It shows up under Audio Devices as SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device. Type is Portable media Device

All I did was drag and drop to the pictures folder. Was pretty seamless /shrug

Same here. Plugged the gnex and dx into the comp at the same time and dragged from dx into pics folder of gnex. Took about 5 mins or less

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

My phone will be here Thursday but does it show up in My Computer under "Devices with removable storage" like any other phone? I'm using Windows 7 too.

Yes, that's exactly how mine works. Plug it in and copy or move files exactly like any other storage device. It looks no different. I'm also using Windows 7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

my comp sucks, that was the problem...lol thanks tho!

Back