Organizing Contacts in Dorid

10yck

Reaction score
Hello All:

I am a new member to this group after purchasing the Droid as a Christmas present to myself. What a device. I have been on Windows mobile and pocket pc for years now but this device was a must. My question is pertaining to Contacts. I used Outlook for years. I converted all 700 contacts into CVS format and copied it to the Gmail Contacts. I notive both Contacts in the Droid and Gmail list the contacts with first name first. Is there an app or way to sort by Company name first? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There isn't a way to do it on the Droid currently. A little bummed about that and keeping track of companies only, but I'm sure it will be fixed in a 2.x release.

could always just open the csv in excel and swap the contents of the "first name" and "company" columns. A little messy i suppose, but it'd work.

Organizing Contacts in Droid

Alwerner and WhiskeySix:

Thank you very much for your feedback. I was surfing the web at lunch and see that this is a really big problem not just for me. I did try to take the CVS file into Excel and arrange them in the order I would like to see it. It took a while but the Droid and Google still force that info into First name first and so on. I sure hope that Google fixes this issue soon. This is a very basic function of smartphones for the last 6-8 years. Have New Year.

Back