OTA: Removed bloatware and can't update.

i pulled the apk out of the zip file wont install should i try to do it as a .zip?

under the razr hack forum someone posted this about safe apps to uninstall but as we know guidedtours cant be so take this list with a grain of salt

Apps safe to remove

blurflicker
blurlastfm
blurlinkedin
blurorkutblur
blurphotobucket
blurpicasa
blurskyrock
blurtwitter
bookmarkswidget
booksphone
browser
filemanger
forestwallpapers
googlequicksearchbox
guidedtours
helpcenter
impresence
kindle
livewallpapers
livewallpaperspicker
magicsmokewallpapers
myverizon
netflix
newswidget
protips
quickoffice
slackerradio
talk2
vcasttones
vcastvideo
videosurf
visualizationwallpapers
vvm
vzw_vnav_droidrazr_rel_prod_signed
vzwim
worldclock

3 force closes, as to be expected, but not worried about. Vzw nav, slacker, google quick search. Still running fine and will post again if any problems arise.

Not responsible for any problems as this is, not confirmed, just my personal list!!!​

you just need to unzip them and place them in the /system/app dir - nothing else is needed actually. Hang tight though. I've been working with another member on this forum that i was able to fix. I'm dealing with my own situation on this same topic and i will post a lessons learned and hopefully good information on how to get it working again. Hang tight! :)

The Quote below SHOULD say "Apps safe to freeze" - there are definitely a few apps in there that will prevent the OTA from working. I think "remove" was used incorrectly by a lot of folks when talking about these apps and the RAZR (which has no sbf)

under the razr hack forum someone posted this about safe apps to uninstall but as we know guidedtours cant be so take this list with a grain of salt

Apps safe to remove

blurflicker
blurlastfm
blurlinkedin
blurorkutblur
blurphotobucket
blurpicasa
blurskyrock
blurtwitter
bookmarkswidget
booksphone
browser
filemanger
forestwallpapers
googlequicksearchbox
guidedtours
helpcenter
impresence
kindle
livewallpapers
livewallpaperspicker
magicsmokewallpapers
myverizon
netflix
newswidget
protips
quickoffice
slackerradio
talk2
vcasttones
vcastvideo
videosurf
visualizationwallpapers
vvm
vzw_vnav_droidrazr_rel_prod_signed
vzwim
worldclock

3 force closes, as to be expected, but not worried about. Vzw nav, slacker, google quick search. Still running fine and will post again if any problems arise.

Not responsible for any problems as this is, not confirmed, just my personal list!!!​

yeah i was being a retard, i normally move them to a folder just in case but i was being over zealous and just nuked them

I was a dumbass and removed arcvideoeditorlie.apk so says the log. I learned my lesson, but that's half the fun of rooting : /

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Can someone send me the vzwdevicesetup.apk

Good news guys if you follow the log file and copy the missing apks to the /system/app folder. U can apply the update. I was missing guidedtours.apk and vzwdevicesetup.apk put them in that folder and installed update. Ask me for your missing apks I will send them.

Good news guys if you follow the log file and copy the missing apks to the /system/app folder. U can apply the update. I was missing guidedtours.apk and vzwdevicesetup.apk put them in that folder and installed update. Ask me for your missing apks I will send them.

Awesome, I'm glad to hear you are up and running now. Spread the love and pass on those files! I also updated my post on XDA with a link to my /system/app .zip just in case anyone needs the files.

I'm missing VSuiteApp.apk. DroidNY was nice enough to werner it to me, but it won't install (it gives an error message, installation failed) and merely placing the apk into the system/apps folder doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

I'm missing VSuiteApp.apk. DroidNY was nice enough to werner it to me, but it won't install (it gives an error message, installation failed) and merely placing the apk into the system/apps folder doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

I don't think you should actually try to install the app. Once you place it in the /system/app dir and reboot, do you see it in the app drawer? You should be looking for "Voice Commands".

When you say "it doesn't seem to work" what do you mean? Does the OTA update still fail? did you read my thread on xda yet? It could be a checksum mismatch issue, we need a little bit more info from you before taking a better stab at this.

Back