pdanet problem

Ok, I have done that

Hi Bob,

I'm a new person here and just signed on, so I'm not real sure just how this works. I'm having problems to get my Droil2 to work with Pdanet. I have done all of the things you have mention, but it still does not connect. I really don't know where to turn, who to call...I would even pay a fee if I could call someone and they could talk me through to get it to work.

Thanks, Gene

Hi Bob,

I'm a new person here and just signed on, so I'm not real sure just how this works. I'm having problems to get my Droil2 to work with Pdanet. I have done all of the things you have mention, but it still does not connect. I really don't know where to turn, who to call...I would even pay a fee if I could call someone and they could talk me through to get it to work.

Thanks, Gene

Are you trying Bluetooth or USB? Did you follow the instructions on the JuneFabrics website?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

USB port and yes regarding June Fabrics.....I did get it connected once, but since that time, I have not been able to get on.

Hi Bob,

Thanks, Gene

Hi Bob,

Thanks, Gene

Gene,

I just sent you a Private Message.

Bob

Thanks bob!!!!

Thanks Bob for the PM with phone number.....was able to get it up and running after I spoke to you. Surely appreciate your time and assistance.

Gene

One important item!

Make sure you are using the correct USB data/charging cable for your Droid when using USB tethering!

Once I inadvertently used a cable from my wife's LG ENVY3 phone and the phone was not recognized by the laptop. I switched to the "correct" Droid cable and the connection worked fine.

Bob

hello bob<br>i see that you take "private" appointments!:) I would like to talk with you about my issue using PDAnet with my Bionic phone. The tether will intially work but while streaming HD TV which will continue to work on one page....i will start a new page and it will retieve data for that page AND while that is going on my internet on the BIONIC phone will not work! I restart my phone and i then can you use the internet on the phone again. Plz help if you can......<br>TY<br>

Hello anyone. I am having some problems getting PDANet to install on my laptop and work on my phone. I am running Windows 7 64Bit. I have been reading for about an hour on different posts and ideas. When I plug the phone into my laptop, my laptop says that it does not recognize the device. I have tried to install the PDANet software but cannot get it to install because my laptop is not recognizing the phone being plugged. In reading this post it sounds like a similar problem to what mtgene was having. I am looking for anyone help someone could provide. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am not sure where to turn for help. the support at June Fabrics has not been helpful at all.

This is odd...I was sitting in an airport with a very long layover so i decided to install pdanet. Worked flawlessly but i was using my original OEM USB cable that came with my Bionic. Dont know if that matters or not. I was watching hours worth of shows on netflix while waiting.

You don't need pda net . The Bionic can USB tether without any extra software.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thanks jeremym. Yes I am using the original oem usb cable which came with the bionic. I need PDANet because I do not want to pay for the mobile hotspot, which is very expensive through verizon.

Mobile Hotspot is "wireless" tethering for the Bionic and there is a charge for that option.

You can USB "wired" tether to the bionic for no additional charge other than your normal data plan charges.

You don't need PDA net to tether using the USB cable with the Bionic.

Thanks jeremym. Yes I am using the original oem usb cable which came with the bionic. I need PDANet because I do not want to pay for the mobile hotspot, which is very expensive through verizon.

I installed PDAnet as instructed and had no problem connecting. Only tried it once and it worked. Stock unrooted Bionic.

Mobile Hotspot is "wireless" tethering for the Bionic and there is a charge for that option.

You can USB "wired" tether to the bionic for no additional charge other than your normal data plan charges.

You don't need PDA net to tether using the USB cable with the Bionic.

Not sure I follow what you are saying on this post. Do you have instructions for this? Assume you have to turn on something for your phone? Does this allow you to surf the net on your laptop, using your phone? If you can do this why would Verizon sell the mobile hotspot?

Here you go, from post #11 in this thread.

I am not talking about wireless tether....usb tethering...
1. Connect usb cord
2. Settings
3. Wireless settings
4. Tethering. And mobile hotpot
5. At the very top, select USB tethering.
6. Simple

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yes, it allows you to surf the net on your laptop. "Mobile Hotspot" allows more than one device to be tethered at a time while USB only allows one. You can tether another phone or a tablet with the Mobile Hotspot too. Different features for different people.

Last edited:
Back